Will Jon Connington Burn Down King's Landing?

Craving Peaches

34 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

She realised the futility of it AFTER the winserller's daughters got "questioned" in front of their father. I will copy paste what I edited in my previous response since you seem to have the odrer scrambled :

She realised it was futile after, so why didn't she order the ongoing torture stopped?

35 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

poison was not in the wine, it was in the cups the two unsullied drink of

It could have been in the wine and not the cups, just as Daenerys herself was nearly positioned.

36 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

it's more probable that someone from the outside had a lucky chance at getting their cups unattended or that the winserller or one of his daughters (or maybe all of them knew about the poison) poisoned their cups when they ordered?

It is more likely that the Wineseller/daughters poisoned it than that someone from outside had it poisoned, but that doesn't make it impossible. All Daenerys has for proof is that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's it.

11 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

She realised it was futile after, so why didn't she order the ongoing torture stopped?

Because until ADWD, Daenerys V she probably had hopes to find something useful. The torture of the wineseller's daughers happens in ADWD Daenerys II so until 3 chapter later, she does not get to the conclusion that torture is futile.

It could have been in the wine and not the cups, just as Daenerys herself was nearly positioned.

If it was the wine that was poisoned and the wineseller and his daughters did not know, then other people should have been poisoned too, not only the two unsullied. The winserller that tried to poison her and her unborn son knew the casket was poisoned. He in fact gifts it to her. So if the suspects were 100% innocent, many more people should have been posioned in their shop, due to the wine being poisoned without their knowledge.

It is more likely that the Wineseller/daughters poisoned it than that someone from outside had it poisoned, but that doesn't make it impossible. All Daenerys has for proof is that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's it.

Well, I don't believe they simply had the misfortune to get the short end of the stick. As I repetead many times, they must have knew the wine they gave to the unsullied was poisoned because otherwise, other people would have died too. I don't believe only two unsullied drank from their casket that was poisoned without their knowledge.

3 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Because until ADWD, Daenerys V she probably had hopes to find something useful. The torture of the wineseller's daughers happens in ADWD Daenerys II so until 3 chapter later, she does not get to the conclusion that torture is futile.

She has concluded that torture is futile. Why doesn't she order the torture of the Wineseller's daughters stopped after she concludes that?

4 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

If it was the wine that was poisoned and the winserller and his daughter did not knew, then other people should have been poisoned too, not only the two unsullied.

Not necessarily. It depends on how many people were frequenting the shop. Also, other people may have been poisoned but just became ill rather than dying. Lots of factors at play. BMI for example. Given the Unsullied are castrated, they won't have as much hight and muscle mass as usual. So it is possible the does was strong enough to kill them but not others, in which case it was possible the sellers weren't aware the Wine was poisoned.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

She has concluded that torture is futile. Why doesn't she order the torture of the Wineseller's daughters stopped after she concludes that?

What makes you think they were still being tortured?

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Not necessarily. It depends on how many people were frequenting the shop. Also, other people may have been poisoned but just became ill rather than dying. Lots of factors at play. BMI for example. Given the Unsullied are castrated, they won't have as much hight and muscle mass as usual. So it is possible the does was strong enough to kill them but not others, in which case it was possible the sellers weren't aware the Wine was poisoned.

The text never says or implies this situation so sorry if stick to it and I believe only the two unsullied were poisoned. You may have whatever headcanon you want.

On 10/19/2022 at 6:56 AM, Craving Peaches said:

Here is what we know about Jon Connington so far (among other things):

1. He is deeply haunted by the sound of bells tolling.

2. He regrets not massacring an entire town to kill one person, Robert.

3. He has sworn to 'end the usurper's line for good and all'.

To be honest I think anyone could end up accidentally blowing King's Landing up, with all the Wildfire about all it takes is one little accident and everything will go up in flames. However taking into account the above, Jon Con seems a bit more likely than most.

Jon Connington wants his adopted son to rule the city not destroy it.  Arya Stark on the other hand wants revenge for the Starks and she will go to any means to make it happen.  Burning Kings Landing to get at Cersei, Jaime, Payne, and the people who were throwing stones at her father is in her bag of tricks. 

13 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

You may have whatever headcanon you want.

It's not headcannon, it's how poisoning works. The text does not say they are guilty of the poisoning. There is room to doubt.

13 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

The text never says or implies this situation so sorry if stick to it and I believe only the two unsullied were poisoned.

If other people were poisoned but didn't die from it and just became sick, likely it would never be brought to Daenerys' attention. The possibility is not excluded.

10 minutes ago, Kierria said:

Arya Stark on the other hand wants revenge for the Starks and she will go to any means to make it happen.  Burning Kings Landing to get at Cersei, Jaime, Payne, and the people who were throwing stones at her father is in her bag of tricks. 

Nope. There are a multitude of reasons why Arya would not burn down the city.

42 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

It's not headcannon, it's how poisoning works. The text does not say they are guilty of the poisoning. There is room to doubt.

If other people were poisoned but didn't die from it and just became sick, likely it would never be brought to Daenerys' attention. The possibility is not excluded.

Then Martin would have made us know that other people that frecuented that shop got sick but he olny told us about the two poisoned unsullied so I will assume that they were the only victims of poison.

8 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Then Martin would have made us know that other people that frecuented that shop got sick but he olny told us about the two poisoned unsullied so I will assume that they were the only victims of poison.

Probably, but all the info we are getting on the incident comes from Daenerys. If random people got sick it probably wouldn't be brought to her attention. Such matters are trivial given there are already lots of people suffering from disease.

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Probably, but all the info we are getting on the incident comes from Daenerys. If random people got sick it probably wouldn't be brought to her attention. Such matters are trivial given their are already lots of people suffering from disease.

If Martin would wanted us to know that, he would have made us know, just as he did with her father.

4 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Probably, but all the info we are getting on the incident comes from Daenerys. If random people got sick it probably wouldn't be brought to her attention. Such matters are trivial given their are already lots of people suffering from disease.

Also, they investigated the whole thing. So wouldn't they know if something like that happened?

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

It depends if people reported being sick or not. It would be hard to keep track of everyone who frequented the shop.

So they also did a poor job at investigating the situation? Wouldn't people get sick in the same day they were poisoned? Belwas immediately throws up after eating the poisoned locusts and judging by the fact that the unsullied died after drinking some of other people would have died too since is the same dosage.

2 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

So they also did a poor job at investigating the situation?

That's not what I was saying. It would be hard for the shopkeeper himself to keep track of every single customer. Given the Unsullied did not start their investigation until the poisoning occurred, it's likely they would not have a conclusive list of everyone who frequented the premises.

3 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Belwas immediately throws up after eating the poisoned locusts and judging that the unsullied died after drinking some of other people would have died too since is the same dosage.

How do you know the same dosage went into the locusts and the wine?

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

How do you know the same dosage went into the locusts and the wine?

I ment the same dosage of poison that the unsullied took (which it killed them) other people would have taken too. I was not saying thee same dosage of poison in the wine was in the locusts, but that if other people would have drank the poisoned wine, they would probably have died too since the unsullied died so the dosage was lethal.

8 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

I ment the same dosage of poison that the unsullied took (which it killed them) other people would have taken too. I was not saying thee same dosage of poison in the wine was in the locusts, but that if other people would have drank the poisoned wine, they would probably have died too since the unsullied died so the dosage was lethal.

I think the way it works is that people with a greater body mass e.g. Strong Belwas are more resistant to the effects of poisons, requiring a higher dose to be lethal. This might be why SB survived the poisoned locusts. Given that they are shorter and likely less muscular than the average men due to being castrated, the Unsullied would require a lower dosage to kill. So what kills them could just make other people quite sick.

On 10/21/2022 at 6:11 PM, James West said:

Arya joined a religion which thinks offering deaths to the gods is good.  Arya would send the city full of people as an offering to her new gods.  

Arya will put Euron and Victarion’s offerings to the Drowned God look stingy. Arya will sacrifice KL in one move. The faceless men would be proud. 

Archived