Jaqen- how long does it take to steal a book? Or what's the actual plan

AtoningUnifex

On 12/16/2022 at 11:18 AM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Again, I don't think it's about finding someone, it's about the fact that the candles can grant eternal life. 

If that's the case, where are the previous immortals? I don't recall anything in the books suggesting there are or ever have been immortals.

On 12/15/2022 at 7:59 PM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

We don’t even know if the Alchemist is actually after a glass candle in the current canon, since all we have is an early draft.

Maybe worth noting that there is already a glass candle in Marwyn's chambers, according to Lazy Leo, before the Alchemist gets the key from Pate.

• 2 months later...
On 12/14/2022 at 11:37 PM, sifth said:

According to some of the info we got from GRRM's original drafts of the chapter, Jaqen is really after the glass candle. For what reason, I have no idea.

To give Dany an ice dick dream.

The sorcerers of the Freehold could see across mountains, seas, and deserts with one of these glass candles. They could enter a man's dreams and give him visions, and speak to one another half a world apart, seated before their candles.

Beneath her coverlets she tossed and turned, dreaming that Hizdahr was kissing her … but his lips were blue and bruised, and when he thrust himself inside her, his manhood was cold as ice. 

GRRM dropped the idea of Euron sailing to Dany with a glass candle and sending her visions on the way. But the ice dick dream remained.

On 10/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, AtoningUnifex said:

So, he's been at the Citadel for quite a while with the master key, could have likely snagged the "Death of Dragons" months ago. What's he up to? Arbor Gold binge or just enjoying living the dream as Pate...? This may be a multi party mission.  Thoughts from those smarter than me?

What makes you think he's been at the Citadel for a while?

For all we know, the prologue could have taken place two months, two weeks or even two days before the last Samwell chapter.

On 12/17/2022 at 12:10 PM, Brother Seamus said:

you guys have got me confused. I thought the Jaqen's object was a book . . . what is it that pate gives Jaqen?

Pate gives Jaqen a key.

Archived