How do you think Daeron will be introduced? [Possible spoilers]

cytherea

So far, we haven't seen Daeron in the show, but there's still a fair amount of certainty that he will show up. How do you think that's going to happen? He hasn't appeared as a child nor as a teenager, and it's not exactly as if the show can come up with a "we sent him to boarding school" kinda deal. Raised elsewhere perhaps, but why not mention it before, then?

On 10/26/2022 at 5:07 AM, cytherea said:

How do you think that's going to happen? He hasn't appeared as a child nor as a teenager, and it's not exactly as if the show can come up with a "we sent him to boarding school" kinda deal.

Except, that's exactly what they're going to do. Just have Otto telling Alicent that he's sending word to Oldtown to have them ready for war. We then see his brother Hobert talking to Ormund and Daeron about which Reach Lords need wooing, perhaps there will even be a montage with some of these lords.

The audience now know who he is, who he's related to, where he's been and what he is capable of. Pretty simple if you ask me.

I already said it in another thread - I think they will go with Otto's letter (he sealed one in his last scene with Alicent together in episode 9) arriving in the Hightower. They could go with a raven flying above Oldtown to the rookery in the Hightower as an establishing shot mirroring the introduction of Rhaenyra and KL in the pilot.

Then we could see a bed-ridden Lord Hobert Hightower informing his heir Ormund and young Prince Daeron about the death of King Viserys and the coronation of Aegon II. That scene could also include Daeron's grief over his father's death as given by the original manuscript of FaB.

7 hours ago, Chad Vader said:

Cant see them bringing in Daeron the Daring at this point without any mention of him in S1. In terms of big picture he can be omitted from the show.

George has already confirmed Daeron will be in the series. 

On 10/30/2022 at 4:18 AM, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

@Nathan Stark

There was also a subtle reference to him in episode 10.

The 4 dragons, yes.

And he's also been in the opening credits for the last 2 (?) episodes. He's the 4th bloodline from Alicent and Viserys, the one who's halfway up the tower (I see what they did there) and has a cup as his symbol.) 

He has now been also added to the family gree on HBO. So, there is absolutely no doubt that Daeron and my beloved Tessarion are coming.

(Maelor is also in the opening credits, BTW, though for some reason not yet in the family tree.)

• 2 months later...

I agree with the above that we’ll see a glance and couple of scenes of him in the first episode and then he’ll become a bigger character once he saves the reach lords with his dragon along the Honeywine.

They need to be really careful about how they introduce him in order to really have him standout to casual viewers so they’re not like “who tf is that” when he comes in on his dragon

• 3 weeks later...

I think episode 1 or 2 we get a prologue style extended scene a la Stannis in season 2 of GoT. Probably something mimicking Rhaenyra and her introduction. Bit of flying around some cliffs and panning up to oldtown, flyover landing and use his introduction to basically recap season 1.

Archived