Most satisfying moments in ASOIAF history ?

Which moments in The World of Ice and Fire, Fire and Blood and other historical moments mentionned in the books before the main story do you find to be the most satisfying, whenever it happened during a war, a battle or another kind of events, due to it being a character, house or people you hate being killed, humiliated or put to their place ? 

I must say that any moment where the Ironborn get put into their place is really satisfying, whenever it was Joanna Lannister's revenge against them, the chaos that happened after Harren the Black's death, or Greyjoy's Rebellion, but one of the most fitting moments was when Lymond Hightower defeated the Ironborn who tried to invade Oldtown and gave them a taste of their own medicine by making the survivors the thralls of Oldtown and forcing them to rebuild the damage they caused and even to reinforce Oldtown's walls and towers against any future IB attack. 

There's also the Fourth Dornish War or Morion's Folly where Jaehaerys and his two eldest sons, Aemon and Baelon the Brave, annihilated the dornish fleet commanded by Morion Martell in his foolish attempt to attack the Stormlands as revenge for the death of the second Vulture King (and after his father had pragmatically made a point of avoiding involving himself and Dorne to avoid that kind of result). 

18 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Short and sweet. I like.

There are so many that I thought I’d pick just 2 whose descriptions are, as you said, short and sweet and to the point - I’m feeling lazy. :)

Edited by kissdbyfire

It is perhaps a very basic answer, but I think I have to go with:

Ser Waymar met him bravely. "Dance with me then." He lifted his sword high over his head, defiant. His hands trembled from the weight of it, or perhaps from the cold. Yet in that moment, Will thought, he was a boy no longer, but a man of the Night's Watch.

And an honorable mention as satisfying to read:

Stannis read from the letter. "Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK. A girl of ten, you say, and she presumes to scold her lawful king."

Aegon III telling Marston Waters and all the others to f*** off during the Secret Siege, and then later when he finally took charge of his life on his sixteenth birthday. I also wish they'd done a bit more with him being in attendance when Gareth Long was sentenced to death.

• The High Septon telling Cersei "No" to her oblivious entitled demands, and her immediate subsequent arrest.
  • Theon's inability to successfully deny Lady Dustin's claim that he loves the Starks, and later reuniting with Asha and telling her that he remembers his name, Theon.
  • Wyman Manderly's speech to Davos about "the North remembers".  The fact that entire world hates the Freys for their atrocities.
  • Jon's reunion with Ghost which convinced him to reject Stannis's offer, and earlier when Ghost prevented Jon from successfully deserting the Night's Watch.  Ghost is a good boy.
  • Jaime smacking Ron Connington and demanding he call Brienne by her real name (showing how far he has come), and calling Sybel Spicer Westerling a "scheming turncloak b****".
  • The wedding between Sigorn and Alys Karstark.  A rare peaceful Westeros wedding when both parties seemed happy, and a symbolic union between people on both sides of the Wall.  And when the Free Folk were allowed to peacefully pass through the Wall.
  • Barristan revealing Jorah's betrayal.  Jorah isn't the worst character but he's certainly not likable, and it is good whenever an unrepentant liar finally gets revealed.
  • All of the insightful monologues from Septon Meribald and the Elder Brother in Brienne's chapters, and any time Dog barks in agreement.  Seeing Sandor on the Quiet Isle and wondering if maybe (not confirmed yet) he's actually a repented man.
  • The final paragraph in A Clash of Kings, my favorite ending of any book ever, showing hope in the midst of tragedy and suffering: At the edge of the wolfswood, Bran turned in his basket for one last glimpse of the castle that had been his life. Wisps of smoke still rose into the grey sky, but no more than might have risen from Winterfell's chimneys on a cold autumn afternoon. Soot stains marked some of the arrow loops, and here and there a crack or a missing merlon could be seen in the curtain wall, but it seemed little enough from this distance. Beyond, the tops of the keeps and towers still stood as they had for hundreds of years, and it was hard to tell that the castle had been sacked and burned at all. The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I'm not dead either.