Who will win the acting "Game of Thrones" out of this season?

Pretty self explanatory. If not, I am sorry.

But who is the group from this bunch of actors you would consider "haven't made it yet" who will possibly "make it" after their performances in this show?

Any standouts?

My pick is Milly Alcock. But I must admit I am not familiar with any of the actors/actresses in this show apart from Matt Smith. And then again I have never watched anything he has been in, as far as I know.

I really like Emma D'Arcy (sorry for spelling) and the guy who plays King. He deserves an Emmy for The Last Supper (no offense to Christians).

And again, I know nothing of their careers, but I really like the young Aemond, the actresses who played the younger and older Alicent.

Paddy Considine as Viserys I (Emmy for 1x08?)

Olivia Cooke as Alicent 

Emily Carey as teen Aliceht

Matt Smith as Daemon

Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra 

Ewan Mitctell as Aemond

Leo Ashton as child Aemond (probably will win some Young Actor award)

Tom Glynn-Carney as Aegon

Milly Alcock as teen Rhaenyra 

36 minutes ago, Ran said:

Paddy seems a really, really strong contender to me, for episode 8. Emma maybe for episode 6? But they are hampered by only being in half the season. 

I wonder how much category fraud HBO is willing to commit to (and end up getting away with). Will Milly and Emily be campaigned in supporting while Emma and Alicent for lead? Drop the younger ones completely and have Emma/Olivia in lead and the other in supporting, or will they both be in supporting? Or will Emily get the supporting and Olivia get Guest Actress, given that she appeared in 4 episodes (less than 50%)?

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Paddy seems a really, really strong contender to me, for episode 8. Emma maybe for episode 6? But they are hampered by only being in half the season. 

Emma for episode 10.

Olivia... either 7 or 9?

I would certainly nominate Emily for 4 or 5... but yes, I guess they would go for 'supporting' even if it's a category frraud. But they do category frauds all the time at award shows.

Paddy should be the one to campaign for the most as not just was his final performance was so strong but he won't be getting another chances in HotD. The others will have tons of great material next seasons.

I think the actress for Laena could have gotten that chance, but she had very little screen time. I think it might be Milly Alcock or Leo Ashton for the "this was their first big role", though, I feel I haven't seen the last of them, y'know? Paddy looks like he's going to get a lot of attention for that performance, and Olivia Cooke too.

I count Matt Smith out of it because he had already landed some big parts in the past, so it feels like more of a baseline, seeing him around.

I haven't seen any of these actors before except for the Kingsguard who was a hobbit. They are all phenomenal. Matt Daemon (I'd heard of Matt Smith but never seen him) really stands out for me but the finale was owned by Emma D'arcy.  Special mention to Otto Hightower and Criston Cole's actors, they both do a tonne to humanize their respective characters and make them 3d and believable instead of cartoons of bad guys.

Paddy seems to be regarded as the MVP of the season. Career-wise, S1 will probably open up a lot of opportunities for Milly, Emily, and Ewan. It wouldn’t surprise me if the actors for Jace, Aegon, and especially Helaena (if she can nail the B&C scene) gain a lot more recognition after next season. 

Emma was excellent, but I think unfortunately for them, a big chunk of the audience latched on to Milly (and to the younger, feistier version of Rhaenyra) and have thus far been overlooked because of it. They also didn’t have quite the same chemistry with Matt that Milly did. 

Matt Smith is very good, but dear lord, people, he’s not Daniel Day-Lewis. His stans would have you thinking this is the greatest actor who ever walked the earth. I think he’ll receive recognition/nominations for his performance, but I think he was also upstaged by Paddy. 

I’d say that Olivia gave the most underrated performance this season. Out of all the female performers, I thought she was the strongest. Awards-wise though, she might face some prejudice from the film snobs who see her as a “blockbuster” actress, unlike a thespian like Emma.

Rhys deserves more praise for his portrayal of Otto, in my opinion. It’s a subtler role, without the witty dialogue that Tywin was given, but he managed to make a duplicitous and fairly sleazy character very likable.

8 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Emma also runs into a bit of an issue, awards wise, with them being non-binary. Some awards shows let the performers pick a category to compete in, others exclude them from gender-specific categories. Each academy has their own rules.

That would not be the decision of the award shows.

Actors (and writers, directors, etc.) are first suggested "for your consideration" for specific categories, so it would be the decision of HBO/HotD people, who would presumably consult Emma.

10 hours ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

I haven't seen any of these actors before except for the Kingsguard who was a hobbit. They are all phenomenal. Matt Daemon (I'd heard of Matt Smith but never seen him) really stands out for me but the finale was owned by Emma D'arcy.  Special mention to Otto Hightower and Criston Cole's actors, they both do a tonne to humanize their respective characters and make them 3d and believable instead of cartoons of bad guys.

You mean, the Kingsguard who was a dwarf in The Hobbit (Graham McTavish as Ser Harold Westerling; he was also in Outlander, BTW).

LOL at "Matt Daemon"

Rhys Ifans (Otto) has also been a pretty well known actor for a long time. 

8 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the actors for Jace, Aegon, and especially Helaena (if she can nail the B&C scene) gain a lot more recognition after next season.

The funny thing about Aegon (Tom Glynn-Carney) is he was basically the second lead in Dunkirk five years ago.  Only thing is the actors in that film didn't much matter.

On 10/31/2022 at 4:21 PM, Annara Snow said:

I would certainly nominate Emily for 4 or 5... but yes, I guess they would go for 'supporting' even if it's a category frraud. But they do category frauds all the time at award shows.

Yes, and I would really love for HBO to go for the most egregious case possible, just to see the media meltdown and the subsequent rule changes the Emmy's end up making.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:58 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

Emma was excellent, but I think unfortunately for them, a big chunk of the audience latched on to Milly (and to the younger, feistier version of Rhaenyra) and have thus far been overlooked because of it. They also didn’t have quite the same chemistry with Matt that Milly did. 

I’d say that Olivia gave the most underrated performance this season. Out of all the female performers, I thought she was the strongest. Awards-wise though, she might face some prejudice from the film snobs who see her as a “blockbuster” actress, unlike a thespian like Emma.

What do you mean by the chemistry not being the same?

The Emmy's are mot the Oscars, if Zendaya can win it (twice), then Olivia ishould not be ruled out.

I also find it really funny that at the start of the season, everyone was saying how Matt Smith was the only one elevating the show, but now at its conclusion everyone agrees the Paddy was the MVP.

I will be shocked if HOTD doesn’t get a Drama Series Ensemble nomination for the SAG Awards. 

Definitely Paddy Considine. (SAG & Emmys 2023)

I think most people have seen him in more things than they realize, but he’s that kind of character actor who’s really brilliant at being part of the storytelling that draws you in without standing out apart from it.

He’s brilliant at comedy. Two of my favourite films of his are Hot Fuzz and The World’s End with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. (Emma D’Arcy has also worked with them in Truth Seekers, which was hilarious!)

Paddy Considine - IMDb

And I think Milly Alcock will definitely get a supporting nomination. She’s got the most screen time of all four the Rhaenyra/Alicent actors. I don’t see any of them getting nominated in any Lead Catagory for this season. Of course it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if all five of them completely took over the supporting category:

• Milly Alcock
  • Eve Best (in the most episodes)
  • Emma D’Arcy
  • Olivia Cooke
  • Emily Carey 

The entire cast is brilliant.

9 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

I will be shocked if HOTD doesn’t get a Drama Series Ensemble nomination for the SAG Awards. 

Definitely Paddy Considine. (SAG & Emmys 2023)

I think most people have seen him in more things than they realize, but he’s that kind of character actor who’s really brilliant at being part of the storytelling that draws you in without standing out apart from it.

He’s brilliant at comedy. Two of my favourite films of his are Hot Fuzz and The World’s End with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. (Emma D’Arcy has also worked with them in Truth Seekers, which was hilarious!)

Paddy Considine - IMDb

And I think Milly Alcock will definitely get a supporting nomination. She’s got the most screen time of all four the Rhaenyra/Alicent actors. I don’t see any of them getting nominated in any Lead Catagory for this season. Of course it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if all five of them completely took over the supporting category:

• Milly Alcock
  • Eve Best (in the most episodes)
  • Emma D’Arcy
  • Olivia Cooke
  • Emily Carey 

The entire cast is brilliant.

Milly was good, but I'd rather nominate Olivia for 1x07 or 1x09, Emma for 1x10, and Emily for either 1x04 or 1x05.

On 11/7/2022 at 3:13 PM, Cashless Society said:

Yes, and I would really love for HBO to go for the most egregious case possible, just to see the media meltdown and the subsequent rule changes the Emmy's end up making.

What do you mean by the chemistry not being the same?

The Emmy's are mot the Oscars, if Zendaya can win it (twice), then Olivia ishould not be ruled out.

I also find it really funny that at the start of the season, everyone was saying how Matt Smith was the only one elevating the show, but now at its conclusion everyone agrees the Paddy was the MVP.

That's probably because they watched the first 6 episodes, but Paddy's best peformance was in 1x08, probably the most memorable performance of the season.

Archived