U.S. Politics - Oh no! Here we Don McGahn. Recuse or pack.

Lykos

If you haven’t read or listened to this book… I highly recommend you do so. It is a fascinating inquiry into how and why various Civil Wars have started or may start.  Ms. Walter does a nice job taking a meta level view of this issue.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/624156/how-civil-wars-start-by-barbara-f-walter/

5 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

This is another continuation on that trend - on how democracies tend to die. This is a nice interview with the authors on it, but the book is good too:

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/22/579670528/how-democracies-die-authors-say-trump-is-a-symptom-of-deeper-problems

Given the book above… that doesn’t surprise me.

5 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Most likely the attempted murderer is someone I suspect(I could be wrong) shares a lot of your political views and consumes the same media you do followed(in their mind) logical end of their previous political beliefs.

Ah I see. Whelp I just think it’s bad to allow things that will inevitably get innocent people killed. You things like people advocating ethnic groups need to be exterminated on a large platform

Varysblackfyre321 -- agreed; you're wrong. According to this CNN article, the attacker 1) is anti-vaxx, 2) believed 2020 was stolen, 3) supported J6, 4) estranged from family, 5) born Canadian, 6) is transphobic, 7) believed the elites will steal our money, 8) and so on.

1. I've been vaccinated and boosted
  2. The God Emperor legitimately lost 2020
  3. I would never go against the USG, in fact I was one of their enforcers, hahaha
  4. I'm not estragend
  5. I was born American (though overseas)
  6. I'm not transphobic
  7. The elites won't steal my money
  8. And so on

On the four banned from Twitter, there's no evidence any of them killed or facilitated the killings of others. Until you can provide evidence, your fears are unrealized fantasy. Now, if those four started killing others, laws are in place to counter them.

5 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yay to the isis training videos on Twitter or Meh?

Same answer to the four banned by Elon's Twitter; dunno and don't care. I can accept their their banning and won't defend them; likewise, I can accept their unbanning and won't try to see them cancelled. It's really up to the various owners and their policies.

All these lone wolves who have been committing murders, mass, assassinations, etc. for some many years -- what number of needs to be hit for the media to admit these are pack -- i.e. at the very least armed active paramilitary brown shirts, and they need to be tried for treason and insurrection.

On the other hand, assassination is as USian as mom and apple pie -- was it Theodore Roosevelt who coined mom and apple pie? -- he who came to the presidency first time via assassination.

CNBC / Bloomberg / ABC7 -- gullible media reps duped my pranksters claiming to have been laid off by Elon, hahaha. Watch the interviews, they're amusing.

"Two men carrying cardboard boxes appeared Friday outside Twitter HQ in San Francisco, claiming Papa Elon had just laid them off ... and despite some red flags, reporters were quick to run with what they thought was a big story related to Elon's big purchase."

"For the uninitiated -- we're looking at you, Deirde -- Ligma sets up a joke for "Ligma Balls." Lick. My. Balls."

They also told reporters they drove Tesla cars and didn't know if they would be able to make any more payments.

:lmao:

40 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

5) born Canadian, 6) is

The worst sin imaginable.

I've been vaccinated and boosted

So was trump.

Also coerced to or happy to?

The God Emperor legitimately lost 2020

Good you’ve just done something that would get a Republican Congressman politically lynched in most places.

I'm not estragend

But you are human and I’m assuming with eyes.

I was born American (though overseas)

You were both born on planet earth.

You’ve noted two meaningless differences between you and the would be murderer. I noted three similarities.

I win.

I'm not transphobic

Let’s test that out; how do you feel about puberty blockers and gender affirming  surgeries for trans adults, and/or preferred pronouns?

On the four banned from Twitter, there's no evidence any of them killed or facilitated the killings of others.

Yeah they’re just advocating that people should be killed for their race.

Until you can provide evidence, your fears are unrealized fantasy

That people advocating for genocide on a large platform increases the likelihood of people being killed for being part of the group targeted with genocidal rhetoric?

Same answer to the four banned by Elon's Twitter; dunno and don't care.

Yeah, dude, not banning them off Twitter would lead to them inspiring more people to join up and to kill the evil Jews or kill people individually.

That people asked on the facebook site of Fox News for the gofundme to support the person who attacked Paul Pelosi made local news here. I guess they did not lock the post fast enough. Such lovely people to find a middle ground with. But isn't locking a post against free speech anyway?

Unlimited hate speech and fake news is working out well for the US I feel.

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Varysblackfyre321 -- agreed; Canadians, amirite :leer:

Willingly vaccinated, after retiring from the USA; I'm not afraid of being lynched; yes, I'm human with eyes, and not a sociopath; yes, we have similarities as humans, but share no political beliefs; their bodies, their choice, and I'm OK with bizarre pronouns; words are not actions; the four banned killed no one, unless you have proof; ISIS has been decimated, with or without Twitter.

7 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Willingly vaccinated, after retiring from the USA; I'm not afraid of being lynched;

Politically lynched* 

I’m assuming you’re not running for high office in a a place dominated by conservatives.

8 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

yes, I'm human with eyes, and not a sociopath;

I never claimed you were or were not a sociopath.

9 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

yes, we have similarities as humans, but share no political beliefs

Eh, possibly.

11 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

their bodies, their choice, and I'm OK with bizarre pronouns;

Okay.

11 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

the four banned killed no one,

Maybe. two of them for just advocated  genocide.

14 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

ISIS has been decimated, with or without Twitter.

Yeah you get that it was easier to do once social media stopped boosting/platforms  ISISvideos on how based it’d be help them kill degenerates right?

Like they recruited and got a lot of support through exploiting social media.

[mod] If you want to have a dialogue, take it to PM, please. This is an open discussion of US politics, not a two way chat about Wade's political or other beliefs. [/mod]

6 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Biden’s approval has settled on about average in comparison to his predecessors during this point I the presidency. It’s odd right?

Well, it's true that Biden's approval is almost identical to Reagan and Trump's at this point in their presidency.  But Obama's was about three points higher, Clinton's over five points higher, and Carter's nearly six points higher.  And considering what happened to all of them during their first midterm that's..not a good sign.  It is a good sign Biden's approval has ticked back up a bit in the last week or so, but that could easily just be noise.

Archived