U.S. Politics - Oh no! Here we Don McGahn. Recuse or pack.

Lykos

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

"A lot of people get hit by hammers."

Makes it feel normal. 

Well the bolded is not technically a lie. A lot of people do get hit by hammers.

When they are using a hammer to pound in a nail. 

And accidentally hit their own thumb. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

"A lot of people get hit by hammers."

Makes it feel normal. 

I mean how many Robert Baratheons drunkenly wielding their warhammers on the mean streets of Pacific Heights will there have to be before you people wake up?!?

15 minutes ago, DMC said:

I mean how many Robert Baratheons drunkenly wielding their warhammers on the mean streets of Pacific Heights will there have to be before you people wake up?!?

Why weren't we more vigilant?!?!?:

FREEEEDUUUUUMMMBBB!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

The point Jesse Watters is making is that regular people are victims of crimes and their attackers are released back on the street to attack again, but as soon as an elite is attacked, the situation is dealt with.

Jesse Watters has never had a valid point in his miserable waste of a life and this definitely ain't one of them.  Please cite all these home invaders assaulting victims with deadly weapons simply being released "back on the streets."

5 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

The point Jesse Watters is making is that regular people are victims of crimes and their attackers are released back on the street to attack again, but as soon as an elite is attacked, the situation is dealt with. Can’t we have safe streets?

Statistics! Give me numbers!

What percentage of violent offenders are immediately released back onto the streets?

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

Jesse Watters has never had a valid point in his miserable waste of a life and this definitely ain't one of them.  Please cite all these home invaders assaulting victims with deadly weapons simply being released "back on the streets."

Fun story! When I was in the fifth or sixth grade (iirc) my neighbor one house over was murdered. Bludgeoned to death by his girlfriend and her lover. Apparently they set a trap for him. Took place in liberal Murderapolis, so I'm sure they were also set free by the >10 cop cars outside, per CM.

55 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

The point Jesse Watters is making is that regular people are victims of crimes and their attackers are released back on the street to attack again, but as soon as an elite is attacked, the situation is dealt with. Can’t we have safe streets?

The point Jesse Watters was trying to make is bullshit and holds no water. 

There, I fixed it for you. 

9 hours ago, cock_merchant said:

And has there ever been a period of US history where there was -0- crime?  Are you saying the political and targeted nature of this crime is without note and unworthy of comment?  Really?  

I stood well to the right of the political center for a very long time.  I argued in good faith for right wing causes and values.  The way those to the right have abandoned even the slightest pretense at holding universal values or ethics in favor of “team Red!” should embarrass and disturb you.  

Does it?

26 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

You have GOT to be kidding me...

Federal Judge Denies Restraining Order On Arizona Ballot Drop Box Watchers (and by "watchers" we mean armed patrols in military gear, masked)

Technically, until they seek to prevent people from voting or move inside the radius allowed for all voters while voting they haven’t done anything illegal.  This is why “open carry” laws are serious problems.

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Technically, until they seek to prevent people from voting they haven’t done anything illegal.  This is why “open carry” laws are serious problems.

Are you even american if the open display of a tool for harming others scares you? 

I mean they are wearing masks clearly they lack the oxygen required to muster the strength to pull the trigger!

3 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Are you even american if the open display of a tool for harming others scares you? 

I mean they are wearing masks clearly they lack the oxygen required to muster the strength to pull the trigger!

Look I absolutely see the problem.  And part of the problem is Republican Legislatures saying that you have a constitutional right to wear body armor and carry a semi-automatic long rifle with extra magazines taped together for fast reloads everywhere you go.  

Courts are limited in how they can respond to people sitting outside the zone where they have been restricted from entering.

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Look I absolutely see the problem.  And part of the problem is Republican Legislatures saying that you have a constitutional right to wear body armor and carry a semi-automatic long rifle with extra magazines taped together for fast reloads everywhere you go.  

Courts are limited in how they can respond to people sitting outside the zone where they have been restricted from entering.

Courts in those parts of the US are busy with the war against people with uteruses I presume?

Archived