U.S. Politics - Oh no! Here we Don McGahn. Recuse or pack.

Lykos

With DeSantis leading in Miami and Orlando, I think we safely say that Republicans won all competitive Florida races in a landslide.

On the other hand, I like what I'm seeing in Ohio, North Carolina and Georgia Senate races.

7 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Sorry, I was too lazy to type in early in-person voting AND mail, which makes it a bit worse for Dems

Those numbers do include early in-person voting and mail.  Anyway the point is moot, the Dems are going to do very poorly in Florida, and that's not surprising at all.

A quick detour from the elections. Elon Musk didn't just pay $44B for Twitter, he also lost an additional $22B from Twitter's stock price job over this. So in other words, he could have literally bought every team in the AFC for that. 

I hope he isn't also a fan of crypto...

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Florida is a goner going forward. 

Meh.  Dems not showing up during a bad cycle where the GOP gubernatorial incumbent outraised his opponent by well over $100 million doesn't really mean it's a "goner."

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

Meh.  Dems not showing up during a bad cycle where the GOP gubernatorial incumbent outraised his opponent by well over $100 million doesn't really mean it's a "goner."

The Rubio-Demings result is what should be depressing. She's a much better candidate than him and yet he's going to crush her. 

I dont know whats going on in North Carolina, but Beasley has a pretty healthy lead with 53% of the vote in (about 128k with slightly over 2M counted, which means slightly less than 2M remaining). Given that she had 9% odds of winning per 538, it does seem like a better than expected performance, but I dont know the breakdown of the outstanding votes.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Rubio-Demings result is what should be depressing. She's a much better candidate than him and yet he's going to crush her. 

It's certainly a disappointing result for Demings personally, but I wouldn't write-off Dems competing in future cycles just because of the lack of turnout in this one.  That wouldn't be wise.

5 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I dont know whats going on in North Carolina, but Beasley has a pretty healthy lead with 53% of the vote in (about 128k with slightly over 2M counted, which means slightly less than 2M remaining). Given that she had 9% odds of winning per 538, it does seem like a better than expected performance, but I dont know the breakdown of the outstanding votes.

NYT is still projecting “leaning Republican”. You are right, with 53% of the votes in, she is leading by 6%age points. But, her lead has been slowly evaporating. So maybe the counted the Dem counties first. 

Washington County (near Pittsburgh) in PA has 95% of votes reporting, with Fetterman leading 75-25. Registered Republicans in that county outnumber Democrats 45-41.

I think it's a landslide for Fetterman.

Edit: OK, I take that back, CNN just flipped that back to 0% counted. Seems to have been an error.

Damn. I didn’t even get to vote for my House of Representative person. The sole Republican won beforehand no contest. 

There were two elections I could vote in. The senator race (useless) and a school board race between two Republicans. 

At least I cast the “slavery bad” vote. 

Edit: Apparently even though I have a Shreveport address, I live too far out to vote for Mayor <_<

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

It's certainly a disappointing result for Demings personally, but I wouldn't write-off Dems competing in future cycles just because of the lack of turnout in this one.  That wouldn't be wise.

Unless I'm missing something the FL trends are bad, especially if the result in Miami-Dade are more of a new norm.

2 minutes ago, teej6 said:

GA is not looking good. Warnock is up by just 6% and if that is all due to early voting… I can’t believe Georgians will send that half wit, Walker, to the U.S. senate.  

Why, he's their dream candidate?

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Unless I'm missing something the FL trends are bad, especially if the result in Miami-Dade are more of a new norm.

Unless I'm missing something you aren't even addressing what I'm saying.  Of course the "trends" are bad.

Archived