U.S. Politics - Oh no! Here we Don McGahn. Recuse or pack.

Lykos

Doing my standard observing the ballot box and the workers. Doing it in my small town this time. It's been quiet and happy voters are taking selfies in front of the box, it's nice.

First time I've also wanted to explicitly introduce and show my creds so the workers are cool with a dude randomly watching them. Blah. 

5 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

NYT: The Pennsylvania Senate race now leans Democratic, according to our estimates. Fetterman has outperformed Biden in every county that has concluded its count.

Was just coming to post that. It makes sense.  Why should new jersey get three senators?

1 minute ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Doing my standard observing the ballot box and the workers. Doing it in my small town this time. It's been quiet and happy voters are taking selfies in front of the box, it's nice.

First time I've also wanted to explicitly introduce and show my creds so the workers are cool with a dude randomly watching them. Blah. 

I always knew Bears liked to watch! 

Nate Cohn: “This is not the night the Republicans wanted. The party is underperforming most everywhere outside of Florida. Democrats have even started to improve their chance of holding the House.” 

Oh please make it be true. 

First look here in Arizona, and it looks like we may have rejected the most ardent Trumpists when they had any sort of opposition, from the federal offices down to the local constables and JPs, at least here in Maricopa County.

Election Results (maricopa.gov)

For the most part, Maricopa County (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, etc.) appear to have selected the more sensible of the candidates on offer.  We even got rid of a supreme court justice who was one of Ducey's appointments.

Hassan wins, a necessary but not sufficient condition for keeping the senate. But it sure is nice for the race to be called with less than 40% of the vote in. 

Not a bad night at all yet. Not amazing, but not bad. Though I'd feel much better if PA gets called for Fetterman before I go to bed.

48 minutes ago, DMC said:

Talking about the maps I can't believe CNN still has John King running it when he consistently gives pointless and/or obvious information and sounds like grandpa.  Like for serial WTF?

CNN loves doing that. Beofer they had Wolf Blitzer doing the same thing. In unversity during an election night watch we made up a game called "thanks Wolf" where you take a shot everytime he says something mind numblingly obvious, even grading a bit on a curve we all got completely destroyed. 

Archived