U.S. Politics - Oh no! Here we Don McGahn. Recuse or pack.

Lykos

It's looking like Democrats may have surprisingly flipped two Ohio congressional seats, OH-1 and OH-13. I don't know the details, but it makes me thing the Republicans screwed up something with their gerrymander.

Not enough to keep the House on its own, but the kind of wins that mean a quite small Republican majority is incoming. The kind that McCarthy might have trouble keeping in line for even real basic stuff, like his own election as Speaker.

Just now, IheartIheartTesla said:

Fetterman may end up doing better than Kelly, which I would never have imagined. Also, Nevada is the only state apart from Hawaii that has 0% votes reporting.

Nevada won't release results until all the polls are closed. A bunch in Clark county had people still in line, and they still get to vote.

Also, even when they do release results, apparently they won't process the mail-in ballots that came in yesterday or today until Thursday. So it's likely we won't know who won for days.

8 minutes ago, Fez said:

It's looking like Democrats may have surprisingly flipped two Ohio congressional seats, OH-1 and OH-13. I don't know the details, but it makes me thing the Republicans screwed up something with their gerrymander.

That's Ryan's seat.

6 minutes ago, Fez said:

Is it? If so, my bad. Though it's still a good hold.

And OH-1 would be a flip.

Best I got:

A member of the Democratic Party, he has represented Ohio's 13th congressional district since 2013 and previously represented Ohio's 17th congressional district until redistricting.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Best I got:

DecisonDeskHQ called it a flip in their tweet I saw. But possibly what they meant is that they'd classified it as a "Likely R" seat and Dems won it.

I’m wondering if it wasn’t for all this talk about red wave by the pundits in the media and pollsters, and the push by the media of inflation being the primary concern for voters, whether Democrats would have had a better night. Looks like the voters are better informed that the press in this country. 

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Welp, NBC is "officially" saying they won't be able to call the House tonight.  Which basically means it will come down to Cali.  Damn...

216/219 +/-13 doesn't make you hot? Stevie boi is giddy.

Archived