U.S. Politics - Oh no! Here we Don McGahn. Recuse or pack.

Lykos

2 minutes ago, teej6 said:

They get to head all the committees though. 

Technically what it means is the House isn't settled. I think Republicans will get more than 219 seats, but not much more, however, there are weird scenarios where Dems could still hold the House (do not expect that).

Don't act like you're not impressed....

Won't say I'm surprised, but used to the overabundance of caution in calling both Johnson in Wisconsin and Fetterman in PA.  Both seem pretty damn clear at this point.

1 minute ago, horangi said:

Heh, enjoying flipping over to Fox News and Karl Rove is now talking about all the wonderful opportunities for bipartisanship following this red 'wave.'

Well messed that edit up...

ETA the Fox big board guy looks/sounds like his coke supply ran out about a couple hours ago and the crash is in full swing.

5 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I see Florida :rolleyes:

I am not saying DMC going there was the real reason for republican pick ups

Who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age.

I did walk in the rain on a busted foot, toiling, sacrificing for the misguided majority who do not understand what an iffy real liberal rabbi from 2,000 years ago taught, the same message taught today, which is basically try not to be an asshole when you can. I paid that price as a member of the tribe. Did you?

I am starting to have visions of the D's retaining control of the House coming down to Peltola actually winning the election here in the frozen north. 

The other thing that has me increasingly concerned is the R reaction to the 'Red Mirage' if that actually happens - the remaining mail in ballots are mostly for D candidates. I cannot see a large slice of R voters swallowing that. Could get messy,

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I did walk in the rain on a busted foot, toiling, sacrificing for the misguided majority who do not understand what an iffy real liberal rabbi from 2,000 years ago taught, the same message taught today, which is basically try not to be an asshole when you can. I paid that price as a member of the tribe. Did you?

Did you move to hell Florida three months ago to endure the shellacking so as to enable the rest of the country to be surprisingly Dem leaning?  Have you rocked the Jesus look since you were 14?  The answer is no, my sweet summer child.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Did you move to hell Florida three months ago to endure the shellacking so as to enable the rest of the country to be surprisingly Dem leaning?  Have you rocked the Jesus look since you were 14?  The answer is no, my sweet summer child.

Those are both personal choices. I had a job opportunity a few years back in Miami I almost agreed to. Glad I didn't because a hurricane hit like two weeks after I would have started working in a new division of some tiny station.

As for the Jesus look, you're a better man than me to spend that much time and effort, but is it not fair to say you probably looking nothing like Jesus, because he probably wasn't white and I'm sure his hair looked nothing like yours. Also, who knows what image is real, if he even was. Let that underscore just how dumb our politics are, that this retread figure has created a present day cult that wants to bring fascism to America.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

As for the Jesus look, you're a better man than me to spend that much time and effort

Er...what?!?  The reason I rock the long hair and beard is precisely because it takes no effort.

Archived