How Canon is House of the Dragon?

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

35 minutes ago, Ran said:

Because he has no creative control. He consults and advises, and Ryan has committed to talk over everything he does with him and keep him 100% in the loop, but at the end of the day Ryan's job is to make a TV show for HBO and its audience, not to make a TV show for George and people who've been reading the books for years. He's committed to trying to do his best by George and the fans, though, as he himself is a long-time fan who's been reading the books for 20 years.

George said that having creative control over projects as a creator is basically impossible. Studios would rather send you an extra truck full of money than part with creative control. George has made the calculation that he'd rather see shows on TV where he is a consultant and has a good relationship with the producers is more important than not having shows on TV because he wants complete control. 

It's a choice he's made, and I think as fans of the books and texts it's up to the individual if you like that choice or not, just as it's up to individuals if they like aspects of the show or not. We're all individuals, man.

I understand George wants to maintain good relationships with directors and producers, but why not say "I will not let you make this show if you allow a KG to murder Joffrey Lonmouth at a royal wedding instead of having him die in a tourney " Why give in to creative control?

6 hours ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

I understand George wants to maintain good relationships with directors and producers, but why not say "I will not let you make this show if you allow a KG to murder Joffrey Lonmouth at a royal wedding instead of having him die in a tourney " Why give in to creative control?

Because ultimately any quibbles he has with things he personally disagrees with are outweighed by the benefits and happiness he gets out of the show being made despite those quibbles.

7 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

The same racism Dany and her army faced in the show by xenophobic northerners. 

To be fair, her army faced xenophobia not only by Northeners but other westerosi people as well. And I can understand why -she has tens of thousands of Dothraki Screamers in her army who are only known to pillage, rape, burn and invade. Some might argue westerosi armies do the same thing , but the Dothraki are much much worse. 

Archived