Shit so small it's Irrelevant

LongRider

Just found out the lyric in the song Twelve Thirty by the Mamas and the Papas is "I can no longer keep my blinds drawn" not 'I can no longer keep my body strong', which is what I've been hearing since 1967.   

Cool.   :)

5 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Speaking of swear jars, does anyone else save their change long term?

My sister made me a birthday present years ago. A large clay vagina, complete with labia, a bright red clitoris, and pubes made from steel wire. 

I chuck my shrapnel in there at the end of every day. 

ETA: I'm not even kidding. 

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

My sister made me a birthday present years ago. A large clay vagina, complete with labia, a bright red clitoris, and pubes made from steel wire. 

The picture relieved a few lingering concerns as to the british colloquial uses of "shrapnel", thanks.  

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

My sister made me a birthday present years agoA large clay vagina, complete with labia, a bright red clitoris, and pubes made from steel wire. 

Honestly, I am disappointed. 

Shouldn’t it be overflowing by now?

Though it appears you have one amazing sister. 

I couldn't find an appropriate thread for this, so posted here in recognition of Elon's (allegedly) tiny little chubby.

Twitter is Doomed.

As well as stressing that there has been no change to Twitter’s content policies, Musk has announced the formation of a “content moderation council”. He said the new body would bring together “widely diverse viewpoints” and no decisions on content policy or account reinstatements will be taken until the council has convened.

Musk has also indicated that Twitter could be split into different sections where users give their posts content ratings and take part in online rows in a specially created space on the platform.

His suggested changes emerged in interactions with Twitter users after the deal. He also supported a user’s suggestion that the service splits into different video game-style modes, including a “player v player” version where verified accounts can engage in Twitter spats.

I shall be deactivating my account shortly.

However, the prospect of this absolute fucking bellend losing $44bn by literally destroying the company he has bought, will have me laughing my bollocks off so hard, they will spontaneously detach from my body and launch themselves into space.

20 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Though it appears you have one amazing sister. 

Saurus (short for Laurasaurus, Dragon Sister) is the funniest person I have ever known. Incredibly kind and thoughtful, she is an altogether amazing woman.

I am very lucky.

ETA: Fun fact. She studied film production at Edinburgh University. During her final year, she was presented with a Scottish Bafta for her work on a series of short films, directed by her friend, Jamie Magnus Stone.

Sean Connery presented them with their award.

In recent years, the run-up to Halloween meant the media the ilk of the Daily News, NYT, NYer, WaPo, etc., would all run stories about contemporary practicing wiccans and so on.  These would include interviews, photos etc.  This year though, the media is all about zombies as in tune with the season/holiday. Guess the zombies have engulfed even the witches in this fascist era. Sigh.

The London Review of Books though, is being faithful to the witches, putting up langniappe to subscribers, links to many reviews, essays, etc. on witchcraft. :cheers:

Fuck me. Was milling about in my home gym and caught my toe on a yoga mat. Doesn't sound like much, expect the full weight of my body came own on my ankle and it sounded like everything in my foot that could pop did. Pretty sure I didn't break anything, but we'll see how swollen this is in the morning...

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Fuck me. Was milling about in my home gym and caught my toe on a yoga mat. Doesn't sound like much, expect the full weight of my body came own on my ankle and it sounded like everything in my foot that could pop did. Pretty sure I didn't break anything, but we'll see how swollen this is in the morning...

Ouch!

The mission impossible movies are extremely forgettable and I don't like them. The plot, characters & action sequences are not memorable at all and I've been left unimpressed by all of them, even the supposed good ones over the last 2-3 years.

Unmemorable action that has no stakes.

Archived