Shit so small it's Irrelevant

LongRider

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Are other countries having riots as absolute bell ends fight for prime energy drinks? 

I do not understand this and don't know that I want to delve into it. This country is nuts

I've heard this before. Americans, is it true? Does your chocolate really taste like vomit?

Why is American chocolate so disgusting? You really don’t want to know

It tastes like sawdust that’s been drowned in sugar and soaked with baby vomit.

It tastes like that, by the way, because that’s roughly what it is. American chocolate (I’m talking about the non-fancy stuff) has a lot more sugar and a lot less cocoa than its European counterparts. Some producers also allegedly put their milk through a process called controlled lipolysis which produces butyric acid. What’s that when it’s at home? It’s something that’s found in vomit. God knows what else Americans get up to in their chocolate factories.

38 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I've heard this before. Americans, is it true? Does your chocolate really taste like vomit?

Lol, I was putting together a thread after I shared that on Facebook and on the comments section of an on-line book I’m reading where the FL is a brilliant perfuming, a “nose”, but hands out Hershey bars as comfort food.

Do my a favorite and link the article in my thread, will you please? I’m on my phone.

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, I was putting together a thread after I shared that on Facebook and on the comments section of an on-line book I’m reading where the FL is a brilliant perfuming, a “nose”, but hands out Hershey bars as comfort food.

Do my a favorite and link the article in my thread, will you please? I’m on my phone.

Done. 

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

I've always heard that Europeans think our chocolate is bad.

45 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've always heard that Europeans think our chocolate is bad.

It’s horrendous. Sorry. 

Anyway. Get sonogram breast screenings every year, or better yet, twice a year. Do it now. Or tell your female acquaintances to do it now. This isn’t small or irrelevant, do it now. Go. 

And when a doctor tells you that you don’t need to check a stuff regularly because it’s fine, you don’t listen to them and check the stuff twice a year. 

If I use chocolate, it generally comes from Mexico -- or in happier times, Cuba.  It's incredible chocolate.  But then where they grow the chocolate they also grow the sugar, etc.

But I'm not much of a sugar person of any kind, and chocolate is essentially at the bottom of my list of indulgent treats.

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

But I'm not much of a sugar person of any kind, and chocolate is essentially at the bottom of my list of indulgent treats.

*engages Lazlo Cravensworth voice* Tell us more about this list of indulgent treats. What's at the top, eh? 

15 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

What's at the top, eh? 

:lol: A particular brand of potato chips from Trader Joe's (if they aren't available, then don't bother w/chips at all).

Also love dry roasted, lightly salted whole cashews, popcorn -- home popped, and not in a popper -- prosciutto bread from Raffetto's (they use a satisfactory amount of cracked pepper), all kinds of really good bread and cheese -- and olives -- toast 'buttered' with avocado oil with sunny side fried eggs, Häagen-Dazs salty caramel Dulce de Leche, are among my indulgences. You may have noticed all of them go well with wine and beer, except the ice cream!  :cheers:

You will be interested in this, though, Spocky -- Partner does love chocolate.  In the last batch of cannibis goodies sent from our amigo in California who has been doing this for years and years and years, has a doctorate in chemistry, and as a result became a multi-millionaire before she was 35 (she came up originally in the ranks of the by then elderly, most legendary Sitting Dog -- which is how much younger met the much younger her -- she delivered Sitting Dog cookies to his hotel room before presenting at a pop culture conference) -- anyway, chocolate!  Included is a box of the very best tasting chocolate bark, infused with THC  ....

Ray Lalonde, a guy from Toronto, just finished a 13-game winning streak on Jeopardy, winning $386,000. He’s a friend’s uncle. I have been regularly having Sunday dinner with friends for years and years, and their second oldest son’s wife is the niece. Two weeks ago they were teasing us with stories about how they knew how many games he won and how much money, since the shows were shot months ago, but they were sworn to secrecy.

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Two weeks ago they were teasing us with stories about how they knew how many games he won and how much money, since the shows were shot months ago, but they were sworn to secrecy.

Jerks!

8 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ray Lalonde, a guy from Toronto, just finished a 13-game winning streak on Jeopardy, winning $386,000. He’s a friend’s uncle. I have been regularly having Sunday dinner with friends for years and years, and their second oldest son’s wife is the niece. Two weeks ago they were teasing us with stories about how they knew how many games he won and how much money, since the shows were shot months ago, but they were sworn to secrecy.

My wife's best friend was on the apprentice a few years back, they were all secretive about how far she got, as if i gave a shit.  

13 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

My wife's best friend was on the apprentice a few years back, they were all secretive about how far she got, as if i gave a shit.  

Well, Jeopardy is a show that's helped encourage an informed public for almost sixty years.  The Apprentice is a show created by Mark Burnett that's helped almost destroy democracy.

Modern advances my eye!!

2000 years ago the Romans developed and used superior building concrete than the shitty material our modern contractors use in present day construction.

Mystery of why Roman buildings have survived so long has been unraveled, scientists say

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/roman-concrete-mystery-ingredient-scn/index.html

Archived