Shit so small it's Irrelevant

LongRider

9 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Sorry about the matinee movie sized font, not sure why my device does that when pasting certain text?

If you c&p the text you wish to quote from another site, put it in Notepad first, or whichever program you have on your computer that removes formatting (but it also removes all the internal links too, alas).  That is, if you are using a computer.

For fones, I dunno.

But on this site, the reply box should have in the left side corner, under the tool bar for bolding, ital, quoting, emojis, spoiler etc., Size.  Click on the pull down menu (the little down arrow) to choose the size.

As for the other question: perhaps too much truth,  and no reconciliation?  :lol:

My 4 year old likes her duplo train set, so I dug out my old train set that my mum returned to me few years ago.

Needlessly to say the controller doesnt work, and on getting a cheap one from Amazon, 2 of my 4 trains dont move, and the other 2 struggle.

Guessing they need lubricated and bit of a service.

Unsurprising since they’ve not been used since the mid-90’s

10 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

My 4 year old likes her duplo train set, so I dug out my old train set that my mum returned to me few years ago.

Needlessly to say the controller doesnt work, and on getting a cheap one from Amazon, 2 of my 4 trains dont move, and the other 2 struggle.

Guessing they need lubricated and bit of a service.

Unsurprising since they’ve not been used since the mid-90’s

I think your train set might be on strike.

Thought I had a vacation week coming up next week only to discover I have a vacation week this week instead. First world problems to be sure but it does bum me out for some reason. I wasn't mentally prepared and so it feels like a break in the pattern. Vacation weeks are hard that way but I'm confident I'll survive.

Boulevardier-ing around the interwebz, I happened across the Wheel of Time wiki, and was unbelievably happy to see that the updated guide (not the dreadful Big White Book of Bad Art) resolves many of the questions surrounding the breakdown of the AS sent by the White Tower as embassy to Rand, who ultimately kidnap him and it all end at Dumai's Wells.

Now I can sleep easy knowing the exact breakdown of who was captured, which 3 AS were killed, which 3 AS were stilled and who escaped to return to the White Tower.

One of my best posts on the defunct Google discussion groups (Rasfwr-j I think was the acronym) was an analysis of this group, based on the published books.  So happy that most of the remaining questions I had are now answered!

One remaining query though - still can't authoritatively identify who all of the six Warders killed at Dumai's Well were bonded to.  Annoying.......

3 hours ago, JGP said:

On the mend now, but how sick was I just?

Completed a full rewatch of The Wire over the last three/four days.

Holy cow!  Glad you're improved now.  That sounds like really sick. :crying:

4 hours ago, JGP said:

Completed a full rewatch of The Wire over the last three/four days.

While I love the show, I avoid rewatching The Wire precisely because it can make me psychologically "sick"/depressed.

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Holy cow!  Glad you're improved now.  That sounds like really sick. :crying:

It was something. Not done yet but much better. Tested covid neg five days in a row; a swab each, throat and nasal [bleh] whatever. Anyway. The girls, we'd been together the week before I got symptoms, they got nothing of course lol   

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

While I love the show, I avoid rewatching The Wire precisely because it can make me psychologically "sick"/depressed.

I get that. The last few seasons, yo. I don't know. Bleak. And in some cases, even though it made sense, why?     

1 hour ago, JGP said:

Tested covid neg five days in a row; a swab each, throat and nasal [bleh] whatever.

"And still not done." Wooo.  I'm very sorry to hear that.  Very sorry indeed.

Archived