Shit so small it's Irrelevant

LongRider

Felt the Earth move last night.  A 6.4 earthquake about 150 miles west of me.  California’s alert system through the phones worked very well at 2am this morning.  Ok here but trouble in Eureka, power outages and other issues. 

3 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Sending money buy such an insanely unsafe method

My stepmom sent me most of the estate by check in the mail. I was stunned that she did it that way.

I figured the American comment was because we spell the word differently. 

18 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Yes, I know, ridiculous, petty, mostly just click bait, but I can't stop laughing.

Yeah I saw they were fighting over support for McCarthy -- which immediately devolved into other attacks because they're both children.  Pretty funny.

Happy Winter Solstice!!

The exact time of the solstice is 4:48 pm ET, which is the time of sunset in the northern hemisphere. The solstice occurs when the sun is directly above the Tropic of Capricorn, its most southern point of the year, CNN explains. 

Yay!  The light is coming back into the Northern Hemisphere.     :commie:

1 hour ago, dog-days said:

I've been doing my winter solstice dance complete with invisible tambourine all day. 

Luckily I was the only one in the office. 

Wish I was there, love a good Winter Solstice dance!    

I'm working on a project next spring that's going to align two vertical stone circles with where the sun sets on the solstice from my backyard.  About an hour and a half ago I drove the stakes in that mark what will be the center of each piece.  Hoping the frost heaves don't fuck with them too much, will find out in a year.  I'm not going to anchor either piece to the footings until after the 2023 winter solstice.  

If it works I think it's an easy sell to rich NYC folk up here, maybe I'll can stop doing jobs that involve hazmat and shit 

11 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

What happens when we continue to be haunted by the missing 11 days?  

Party on Larry!  Party on Dawg!    Easy question.      :cheers:     :commie:     :lol:

edt:  And party on Zorral too!

Archived