Shit so small it's Irrelevant

LongRider

12 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Ugh. And while approaching my five thousandth post I have yet to earn a single warning point. 

I need a prison rep!

The nice mods are far too tolerant of my stupidity. 

You are all silly gooses!!!

You just have to find that one mod that you annoy. All my warning points are from the same one. 

Today was my tattoo appointment and the first time I saw the tattoo. Perfectly realized and looks exactly right...even the background I asked about relatively recently was there and looked good. The artist did it faster than I thought and I was in my car by 2:30pm. Tattooing is unfathomable magic to me.

13 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

Today was my tattoo appointment and the first time I saw the tattoo. Perfectly realized and looks exactly right...even the background I asked about relatively recently was there and looked good. The artist did it faster than I thought and I was in my car by 2:30pm. Tattooing is unfathomable magic to me.

I'm close-to-happy with a design for a sleeve of stylized particle trails for myself. 

What kind of tattoo did you get, Ink?  

19 hours ago, JGP said:

I'm close-to-happy with a design for a sleeve of stylized particle trails for myself. 

What kind of tattoo did you get, Ink?  

Particle trails are awesome. I'm not sure I've seen a sleeve like that before. I have plans for several more pieces that will hopefully result in a cohesive sleeve. We'll see what happens.

So the one I got yesterday was chosen by the artist as a starting point because my sleeve ideas are getting excessively complicated and this one was isolated and pretty well set. It's a raven in the foreground with trees in the background and a line of text floating up there, all on the right side of my chest. There are a million raven-on-chest tattoos...but I can say the imagery was chosen for specific reasons. The artist has a sort of folk-lore-ish-illustration-ish type style. I wanted it to look like a sketch and it does. I asked for the trees in a vague way...fog and evergreens...and she got it just right with the implied distance and the edges sortof fading to nothing. The text is a specific font but is intended to look handwritten and it does. I can't claim originality but she captured what I asked for exactly. 

tl:dr pic taken right after I stood up.

2 hours ago, SleepyArt said:
What I need to know is that who built scale Oakley's for the Na'vi

SleepyArt -- I found the Oakleys an amusing but notable characterization of a fairly standard American grunt fighting for imperialist gain. If you looked inside his footlocker, you’d find ‘Rip It’ energy drinks and protein powder, hahaha.

Equally interesting was how effectively it worked in tandem with corporate contractors; e.g., the Halliburton whaling team. Although the military-industrial implications would be obvious and mundane to most people, Siobhán’s Twitter reaction is the ideal, implying generations younger than mine will discover the deeper meanings behind the ridiculous glasses and what they represented.

8 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Sorry about the matinee movie sized font, not sure why my device does that when pasting certain text?

You can resize it.  After pasting the quote in, a prompt appears on the bottom of the field to ask if you want to resize the text.  Just click on it and the text will appear normal size.  The prompt is pale pink in color, but it is there.

Give it a try!  

Archived