Shit so small it's Irrelevant

LongRider

19 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Are you sure that is your hip, not a moving/slipped disc? 

Not at all sure what it is to be true. It could be a disc. It hurts on the side of the hip where bursitis often hurts according to internet hits. It hurts much worse in the area where your inner thigh meets your groin. Then it also hurts down the front of my thigh to my knee, veering slightly in. My primary care doc has to make any referrals and I will see him on Wednesday, so I expect an orthopedic appointment hopefully soon. I will ask my pc doc about any possible disc issues.

On 11/11/2022 at 5:01 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Well the way to save energy this season is having gas leakage in your building and being cut off from the gas supply. Looking at 6-12 weeks without hot water (and heating - which is the smaller problem) :lmao: 

This sounds terrible. Stay warm. :(

On 11/9/2022 at 3:06 PM, JGP said:

That sucks, yo.

Sorry to hear it.

Woo, no MRI needed! The first tech said she saw three potential fractures from my previous x-rays, but they took new ones and the doc said there's only one, it's minor and healing well, just the part of my foot that I hurt most sucks and can take a bit to heal. In a boot for a few weeks now and hoping for the best.

Of course it had to snow today though, lol. 

Speaking of small, irrelevant stuff (and in keeping with the medical theme), I just started using a continuous glucose monitor for the past 3 weeks, and it's been a game changer. After a while you dont even notice its there, and more importantly, I can track my peaks and valleys and adjust meals accordingly.

Only issue is that I dont know how to turn off the ultra-low glucose alarm and its woken me up at 3 AM more than a few times.

On 11/11/2022 at 6:56 AM, BigFatCoward said:

I doubt you can appreciate how much most people think medical practitioners are actually magicians. 

Tbh, most people are quite grateful, even though in this country we are not delivering the service that we should be.

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Mine's grey! And Idk about the one you're referencing, but this one pumps up like an early 2000's basketball shoe. 

Guess they have improved since I last had a BBB.

8 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Only issue is that I dont know how to turn off the ultra-low glucose alarm and its woken me up at 3 AM more than a few times.

"Alert - we are dangerously low on snacks! Get up immediately!"

8 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Speaking of small, irrelevant stuff (and in keeping with the medical theme), I just started using a continuous glucose monitor for the past 3 weeks, and it's been a game changer. After a while you dont even notice its there, and more importantly, I can track my peaks and valleys and adjust meals accordingly.

Hum, you know the old Linux advice? Guess that might help with your glucose monitor, too. Assuming you have a manual for that thing.

It connects to a phone (or a reader that you could pay for) which is what has the alarm on it. The monitor itself is just like a transmitter that uses bluetooth. My workaround so far has been to turn off bluetooth on my phone, there doesn't seem to be a way on the app to mess around with the ultralow alarm (although thinking about it, I believe you should be able to mess with that alarm in between swopping sensors, but not while it's 'active')

Sorry for boring everyone with my irrelevant sh*t.

So this seems like the latest nut job past time.

Using your vehjcle to ram into crowds, several cases of this recently.

A car drove into a group of Los Angeles Sheriff's recruits, injuring 23, including 5 critically

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/us/car-hits-los-angeles-sheriffs-deputies/index.html

I'm due to go on strike next Thursday/Friday assuming no last minute deal is done. I'll be the only one in my four-person team who is. Plan on catching up on work over the weekend. (Yes, I know that's not the point, but I have workaholic tendencies and hate feeling that I'm letting my colleagues down/making them do more work). 

Am not particularly supportive of the two main goals for the current strike, but do support the unions and collective bargaining so *shrug* 

It's the first time I've ever been on strike, and it's going to feel very weird. 

Idk if people are still doing Wordle, but I just want to complain that if you miss a day by accident it shouldn't end your streak. I'd legit be in the 200's by now. 283-6 and have not lost in over half a year I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Raja said:

Wasserman's 'I've seen enough' catchphrase is weird. I can't believe the man seriously uses it.

I mean I don't think it's great or anything but curious why you think it's weird?

Archived