Funniest quote of the saga

Honestly, my choice for the funniest lines is this:

Loras Tyrell strode toward her. “Why?” He said. “You will tell me why. He treated you kindly, gave you a rainbow cloak. Why would you kill him?”

”I never did. I would have died for him.”

”You will.” Ser Loras drew his longsword.

I know it wasn’t meant to be funny, and it isn’t a funny moment, but that just makes the accidental humour even funnier to me.

7 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

Honestly, my choice for the funniest lines is this:

I know it wasn’t meant to be funny, and it isn’t a funny moment, but that just makes the accidental humour even funnier to me.

You are a dark and disturbed person.  Get help.

Just kidding!  I see what you mean.  I don't know if I would use the word "funny," but it certainly is a clever twist in the dialog.

2 hours ago, Aebram said:

You are a dark and disturbed person.  Get help.

Just kidding!  I see what you mean.  I don't know if I would use the word "funny," but it certainly is a clever twist in the dialog.

It would have been amazing if they’d put that exchange in the abomination. No matter how well they acted it out, it would be so melodramatic that everyone wouldn’t help but laugh.

"I see you wonder, what sort of name is that?" the man had cackled when Jaime went to question him. "It is an old name, 'tis true. I am not one to boast, but there is royal blood in my veins. I am descended from a princess. My father told me the tale when I was a tad of a lad." Longwaters had not been a tad of a lad for many a year, to judge from his spotted head and the white hairs growing from his chin. "She was the fairest treasure of the Maidenvault. Lord Oakenfist the great admiral lost his heart to her, though he was married to another. She gave their son the bastard name of 'Waters' in honor of his father, and he grew to be a great knight, as did his own son, who put the 'Long' before the 'Waters' so men might know that he was not basely born himself. So I have a little dragon in me."

"Yes, I almost mistook you for Aegon the Conqueror," Jaime had answered.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived