Sansa is slowly killing Sweetrobin

Kierria

Dear god I hope not.

Putting aside the fact that killing an innocent child is pure evil, I was also hoping to see some sort of Arryn (Sweetrobin) - Baratheon (Mya) - Stark (Sansa) alliance 2.0

I mean how cute was this scene???

And then they were on the other side, and Mya Stone was laughing and lifting Robert for a hug. "Be careful," Alayne told her. "He can hurt you, flailing. You wouldn't think so, but he can." They found a place for him, a cleft in the rock to keep him out of the cold wind. Alayne tended him until the shaking passed, whilst Mya went back to help the others cross.

AFFC - Alayne II

To be fair to Sansa she often thinks of Robert's development and well being. I get the impression that she genuinely grows to care for him as the story progresses and there are hints of affection for the boy. If she really wanted him dead I doubt she would have put in so much effort to make him look the part of a respectable lord, nor would she have cared if the boy ate his breakfast or had another shaking fit. If anything, another shaking fit is a great excuse to feed him some more dangerous drugs that no one would reproach her for.

He was only a sick little boy who'd loved his mother. "There," Sansa said, "you look a proper lord now."

A Feast for Crows - Sansa I

The boy was unappeased. "I wanted eggs today."

"Sweetrobin, there are no eggs, you know that. Please, eat your porridge, it's very nice." She ate a spoonful of her own. A Feast for Crows - Alayne I
Lemons? Did you find some lemons?" She had promised Sweetrobin lemon cake, and for lemon cake you needed lemons.
A Feast for Crows - Alayne II

"If m'lady can talk him out of bed nice," the knight said, "I won't have to drag him out."

We can't have that, she told herself. When Robert was handled roughly he was apt to go into a shaking fit.
A Feast for Crows - Alayne II

She's actually gotten quite good at coaxing him out of his comfort zone either by inspiring him with his favorite stories or by actively encouraging him and making him feel capable and strong. This doesn't seem like the sort of behavior you would want to encourage in someone that you are hoping to off one day. Yes she had a couple of thoughts about enforcing some discipline during Robert's occasional hissy fits but honestly who wouldn't? No where did I read that she actively wants him dead. And just the way she refers to him in her private thoughts as either Sweetrobin or her little lord sounds endearing and not at all like how I picture a murderer referring to their victim. I think she's just not catching on to the fact of just how dangerous an addiction to sweetsleep or dreamwine is.

And these snippets right here make me optimistic for Robert's future and his relationship with his cousin.

Spoiler

Lord Robert's mother had filled him full of fears, but he always took courage from the tales she read him of Ser Artys Arryn, the Winged Knight of legend, founder of his line. Why not surround him with Winged Knights? She had thought one night, after Sweetrobin had finally drifted off to sleep. His own Kingsguard, to keep him safe and make him brave.

He does have pretty hair. If the gods are good and he lives long enough to wed, his wife will admire his hair, surely. That much she will love about him.

TWOW - Alayne I

I think we'll see Sansa take on a more nurturing role to him in later books.

To be frank the whole lets put all our money on Harry and murder Robert plot makes little sense to me. It would seem that it is much easier to control a small child than a grown man (or what's considered to be a grown man in ASOIAF). If anything, the marriage to Harry seems like it could be a backup plan of sorts but I'll never buy the notion that this is the master plan that LF has been hatching all along.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

If or when Sansa kills Robin it will be because she chose to do it.  She will if she thinks it might bring Harry closer to her.  Harry is mean like Joffrey and that is what Sansa likes.  

All evidence to the contrary, as usual.

But have at it, don't let the pesky text get in the way of you making such an idiotic and frankly disgusting comment.

9 hours ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

Harry is mean like Joffrey

No evidence of this. Harry was rude after not being able to marry the person he wanted, but he apologised afterwards. There is nothing to suggest he enjoys harming others in the way Joffrey does.

9 hours ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

that is what Sansa likes.  

Aside from being untrue that is just insulting.

10 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

All evidence to the contrary, as usual.

But have at it, don't let the pesky text get in the way of you making such an idiotic and frankly disgusting comment.

Wolfheart will poison Sweetrobin, before leading an army from the Vale to ally with Iceheart, and the army of the Others.

12 hours ago, SeanF said:

Wolfheart will poison Sweetrobin, before leading an army from the Vale to ally with Iceheart, and the army of the Others.

Something like that I suppose. I mean, I’m used to the usual idiocy but the nastiness & disgusting nature of some comments are still kind of shocking at times. 

18 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Something like that I suppose. I mean, I’m used to the usual idiocy but the nastiness & disgusting nature of some comments are still kind of shocking at times. 

What I could see, is SR dying, and then LF gaslighting Sansa that she poisoned him, and only he can protect her.

But, Sansa is not, willingly, going to murder a child in cold blood.

This wretched element of the fandom has its opposite on Quora, among wills who defend Master Kraznys and the Masters of Slavers Bay.

10 minutes ago, SeanF said:

This wretched element of the fandom has its opposite on Quora

Quora in general is just awful. I strongly recommend everyone stays away. It is full of people dubiously claiming to be CEOs or whatever while spouting their 'special political views' in every question they can find (related or not).

On 9/17/2023 at 8:02 PM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

Harry is mean like Joffrey and that is what Sansa likes.

First, Harry and Joffrey are non-comparable.  We haven't seen Harry yet in the published books, and the sample chapters aren't canon until they're published because they're likely to change.  But we have no reason whatsoever to think he's the violent sadistic tantrum-throwing bully that Joffrey was.

Second, false.  In the first book, when Sansa was 11 years old, she was inclined to believe in fairy tales and that all princes are charming... as 11-year-olds often do.  She saw evidence to the contrary, but being the 11-year-old that she was, she had on her rose-colored glasses.  She thought Joffrey would listen to her pleas and offer her father mercy, because she thought Joffrey was something he wasn't.  She didn't like Joffrey's mean side because she blinded herself to the fact that he had one.  The illusion was shattered instantly when he murdered her father, and there was no liking toward Joffrey whatsoever at that point.

Sansa's crush on Joffrey was a mistake, but she overcame it and regrets it, and she was 11.

Edited by StarkTullies

On 9/17/2023 at 7:02 PM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

If or when Sansa kills Robin it will be because she chose to do it.  She will if she thinks it might bring Harry closer to her.  Harry is mean like Joffrey and that is what Sansa likes.  

Sansa likes Joffrey? Even after he had her beaten and stripped in court, threatened to rape her, forced her to look at her father's and septa's heads on spikes, and taunted her about how he would murder her brother? I must have missed the part where she found that attractive.

Edited by Ser Arthurs Dawn

On 9/19/2023 at 6:56 PM, Craving Peaches said:

Quora in general is just awful. I strongly recommend everyone stays away. It is full of people dubiously claiming to be CEOs or whatever while spouting their 'special political views' in every question they can find (related or not).

Quora is up there with Pinterest in my instantly 'poison your browser by clicking on this' category.

First off, I am not reading 16 pages of this conversation, lololol. Sorry, but I can't. i read the first few. 

Second, I do think that Sansa is..somewhat knowlingly "poisoning" Sweetrobin, however, I think...it isn't malevolent, and more just her wanting to make him easier to handle. 

Third of all...if anyone murders Sweetrobin, it will be Petyr Baelish, not Sansa. 

Fourth of all, a lot of people read Sansa as much darker than I think she has shown herself to be. ARe we reading the same PoV?

Fifth of all, people who say..horrible things about murdering a 7 year old? Please don't be near children. He's 7, has epilepsy almost certainly, and autism is at least on the table (people with epilepsy often also have autism, i believe the connection is established). Honestly, maybe I get personal too often in this forum, but I have a close friend who suffers from epilepsy (and maybe autism, he is not openly diagnosed, but the evidence is pretty strong). He can also be needy and annoying, due to how much epilepsy can effect his life. I remember others honestly, although not talking about murder, but still having similar attitudes to a lot I see here, and it hit a little too close to home. Sweetrobin, just like my friend, does not deserve to die because he is weak and has a disease. He needs to ..not be spoiled anymore, and I think Sansa can take him that way, at least better than Lysa did. Sweetrobin is 7!!! He is not a lost cause, and children can often grow up to be different adults then you expect. I honestly find some of the comments about his death kind of appalling. 

On 9/18/2023 at 3:02 AM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

I know you are just spewing anti-Stark (and pro-Dany) stuff until something sticks, but do you realize how this sounds? 

Edited by Raven Princling

8 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

Fifth of all, people who say..horrible things about murdering a 7 year old?

Readers are all different. You keep a strong sense of the real world, but I think many or most actually don't. I don't. If SR was a real boy, I couldn't and wouldn't talk lightly of him, but he's fictional and so the emotion isn't there. 

I think it's useful sometimes to consider SR without compassion. How does he appear to the lords of the Vale? SR combines weakness (mental and physical) with paranoia, murderous intent and future absolute political power. SR as overlord is a future that should cause his lords extreme anxiety.

No wonder they're so enthusiastic about Harry, and (they can't be separated), death-of-SR.

8 hours ago, Springwatch said:

Readers are all different. You keep a strong sense of the real world, but I think many or most actually don't. I don't. If SR was a real boy, I couldn't and wouldn't talk lightly of him, but he's fictional and so the emotion isn't there. 

I think it's useful sometimes to consider SR without compassion. How does he appear to the lords of the Vale? SR combines weakness (mental and physical) with paranoia, murderous intent and future absolute political power. SR as overlord is a future that should cause his lords extreme anxiety.

No wonder they're so enthusiastic about Harry, and (they can't be separated), death-of-SR.

I’ll be honest, I don’t like Sweetrobin, and would not shed any tears for him.

In real life, I’d be appalled at the idea of murdering a child.

I would be disturbed if Sansa knowingly murdered him, and consider it to be out of character.  I could only envisage it if somehow LF persuaded her that it was a choice between her own life, and Sweetrobin’s.  And that would still be dark and disturbing.

It’s plain that LF wants to corrupt Sansa, and make her as vile as he is, but I hope and believe she will break free.

On 9/28/2023 at 6:13 PM, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

Sweetrobin, just like my friend, does not deserve to die because he is weak and has a disease.

SR is easily another example of the tram problem. Is killing a mentally challenged 7 year old acceptable, when compared to letting him grow into a mentally challenged adult who has the near-absolute final say in tens of thousands of lives? Could he be tutored (or just functionally suspended) into using that power reliably?

Note I'm not saying responsibly - epileptics have good days. But then the sickness hits, and SR's suddenly not quite right. That might not be the best overlord to live under.