The Witcher S3: Bye Bye Henry

Ran

15 hours ago, psynetik123 said:

Compare this Blood Origin trailer against the new Last of Us trailer, and the difference in quality is basically night and day.

WTF is Netflix thinking?

That all viewers are not the same in what they want?  I sure as hell have no interest in post-apocalyptic violent dystopian action-adventure series and films and books.  There are hundreds of them, if not more, and I had my fill long before this latest wave. I can't watch any of them.  I have never watched a single ep of TWD, though the blob media etc. have been blathering about it for over a decade.

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

That all viewers are not the same in what they want? 

There's nothing wrong with trying to cater to different types of audiences.

The issue is the demonstrable lack of respect that Netflix and its writers have shown for the source material which they're drawing from.

Why do you think Henry Cavill chose not to return as Geralt?

I know what people want to believe about Cavill; it could well be because he has gigs that are paying better, and / or are easier.

If actors actually left a show or film because they didn't like what the writers were doing, the filmographies would be far, far, far thinner, going all the way back to the early days of the forms.

Edited by Zorral

6 hours ago, Zorral said:

I know what people want to believe about Cavill; it could well be because he has gigs that are paying better, and / or are easier.

If actors actually left a show or film because they didn't like what the writers were doing, the filmographies would be far, far, far thinner, going all the way back to the early days of the forms.

Him going back to Superman allowed him to say to this show fuck this shit, I'm out. It's well known how much of a fan Cavill is of The Witcher books and games and that he often had to correct the showrunner herself and others about the books. 

8 hours ago, Zorral said:

Cavil can afford it though.

He has established a reputation as a geeky gamer who cares about the SF stuff he stars in. Does not mean it is true but it won't hurt his brand and his popularity.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/celebrities/every-upcoming-henry-cavill-project-confirmed-and-rumored-following-his-departure-from-the-witcher/

.... Cavill simply couldn’t fit a six- to seven-month filming schedule into his already hectic calendar. The actor has an ever-growing list of projects in the pipeline, some that were only just announced and others that have been brewing for quite some time. Here is every upcoming project, confirmed and rumored, for Hollywood megastar Henry Cavill. ....

And probably all these other projects paid better than what his contract for The Witcher gave him.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Week said:

Welcome back Henry?

My first reaction to the news after Gunn and the other fellow were appointed head, and reporting started to come out about changes, was that I think the Superman thing was probably never very solid to begin with... which makes Cavill's departure seem (to me) like it was more because of The Witcher rather than in spite of it.

ETA: Eh. Just saw his actual statement. Sounds like he did think they had made a commitment they weren't going to back out of. What a shame. That said, I'm not sure he would have stuck with The Witcher, regardless.

Edited by Ran

I think that despite putting on a brave face, the makers of The Witcher are perfectly aware they're truly and utterly fucked without him. So if he wanted back, they would probably welcome him with open arms. If the Superman was the reason of him departing, he might just want that. If the writing, probably not, unless he could put a few extra conditions, like kicking off the writers, which would definitely be the best for the show.

Edited by 3CityApache

1 hour ago, 3CityApache said:

I think that despite putting on a brave face, the makers of The Witcher are perfectly aware they're truly and utterly fucked without him. So if he wanted back, they would probably welcome him with open arms. If the Superman was the reason of him departing, he might just want that. If the writing, probably not, unless he could put a few extra conditions, which would definitely be the best for the show.

“After Liam accidentally, brutally cut his own head off while combing his hair, we’re happy to welcome Henry back!”

All of the showrunner's recent interviews say the same thing, how she's excited about the new direction energy. lol i.e. damage control is ramping up. 

As to Cavill, he's still involved with The Highlander reboot, afaik, and being the nerd he is, he's probably probing the Hollywood social webs for other fantasy/SF adaptations. If anyone ever does a Warhammer adaptation, he'll be like Geralt who?

Edited by Corvinus85

14 minutes ago, Darryk said:

How do studios not realise how bankable this guy is? His talent is being wasted.

They need to use him as much as they can before he ages out of all these roles.

He got passed over for Bond in part because he was too young when they decided to hire Craig... and now word is they're looking for someone on the younger side for the new Bond, so now he's aged out. 

He's had terrible luck. Apparently he had also been shortlisted for Nolan's Batman, losing out to Bale (the right choice, no doubt about it, but still -- always the bridesmaid, never the bride, or near enough).

Edited by Ran

Maybe a series set in Mass Effect's setting will get off the ground and get him on board. I still want FemShep if they're doing the main story but there's plenty of room to fit him in somewhere even if that was what they did. 

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

Maybe a series set in Mass Effect's setting will get off the ground and get him on board. I still want FemShep if they're doing the main story but there's plenty of room to fit him in somewhere even if that was what they did. 

Give him a buzz cut and he could definitely be default MaleShep. 

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

He was snapped reading a Mass Effect branded-script just last year, but given that the Amazon show had not been announced yet, it's unlikely it was for that. It might be for a voice role in Mass Effect 5.

I think canonically Shepard is 35 at the time of ME1, so he's in the right age range and would be a huge get for the show if it moves forwards and stays truer to the games.

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

As to Cavill, he's still involved with The Highlander reboot, afaik, and being the nerd he is, he's probably probing the Hollywood social webs for other fantasy/SF adaptations. 

Someone should slip him a copy of The Blade Itself. 

4 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

“After Liam accidentally, brutally cut his own head off while combing his hair, we’re happy to welcome Henry back!”

Maybe the first scene is Liam playing the role of Geralt in a play (narrated by our favorite bard of course) and a pissed of Geralt steps in and kills the actor.

"There is only one me."