Twitter… what happens next

Ser Scot A Ellison

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

Twitter's New Trump

Musk grew his Twitter following even faster than he multiplied his Covid-era wealth. And he did it by acting like a Trump parody account.

https://thedailyedge.substack.com/p/twitters-new-trump

Does Musk think Trump was an actuall businessman who bellowed "You're fired!" and got rich that way?   The mind boggles.   :blink:

We aren't even a full week out from the start of this thread. How are the Musk-believers feeling?

I'll also note, that the difference in net worth between Musk and myself has shrunk in the last week (TSLA down -11% in the last 5 days.) :P

7 hours ago, Week said:

We aren't even a full week out from the start of this thread. How are the Musk-believers feeling?

I'll also note, that the difference in net worth between Musk and myself has shrunk in the last week (TSLA down -11% in the last 5 days.) :P

UNTIL YOUR AS RICH AS MUSK YOU CANT CRITICIZE HIS BUISNESS DECISIONS PEASANt. 

:bang:

Seriously though From what I see they’re trying to castigate the economic woes as due to the woke mob pressuring advertisers to not be on a site where verified users can just do blatant Holocaust denial now.

Another thing Musk spectacularly failed at this week:  appealing to Independent voters to vote GOP.  Dems actually won Independents by 2 points.  The last time the president's party won independents in a midterm was 2002.  Soooo..Elon Musk ~ 9/11.

More proof that Twitter is not real life and mostly an echo chamber. All the conversations that are happening there that allegedly "shape the narrative" mostly aren't for the greater populace.

It seems to me that there's a lot of brainstorming going on at Twitter and that a lot of different ideas are being thrown around and when some of these ideas leak they get treated as "big change in Twitter under Musk".

19 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Guy from Twitter explains impersonation and verification 

This could have been effective if:

1) It was posted a week ago - by Musk or more official channels

2) It was entirely accurate

3) Musk hadn't been trolling and posting Nazi memes (carrier pigeon on a Nazi's back, agreeing with the words of a neo-Nazi pedo from '93, and supporting the republican party ;))

4) The Blue roll-out hadn't been botched and changed (existing verified don't need to pay, there may be a new "Official" tag, etc.)

5) People don't just generally hate Musk and want to see him fail (particularly after all of the above on top of existing dislike -- Russia apologia, abuse of minority workers at Tesla, etc.)

...and so on and so forth.

From the start, Twitter has two ways of making money -- charging users or charging advertisers. He continues to alienate both.

Trust is difficult to earn and easy to lose.

4 minutes ago, Week said:

This could have been effective if:

1) It was posted a week ago - by Musk or more official channels

2) It was entirely accurate

3) Musk hadn't been trolling and posting Nazi memes (carrier pigeon on a Nazi's back, agreeing with the words of a neo-Nazi pedo from '93, and supporting the republican party ;))

4) The Blue roll-out hadn't been botched and changed (existing verified don't need to pay, there may be a new "Official" tag, etc.)

5) People don't just generally hate Musk and want to see him fail (particularly after all of the above on top of existing dislike -- Russia apologia, abuse of minority workers at Tesla, etc.)

...and so on and so forth.

From the start, Twitter has two ways of making money -- charging users or charging advertisers. He continues to alienate both.

Trust is difficult to earn and easy to lose.

The best thing for Musk and his new company would probably be if he just stopped posting.  I doubt they would have seen so many ad departures if he could just shut the fuck up for a few weeks.  

If he had any self-awareness he'd be very embarrassed.  

1 minute ago, Larry of the Lake said:

The best thing for Musk and his new company would probably be if he just stopped posting.  I doubt they would have seen so many ad departures if he could just shut the fuck up for a few weeks.  

Agree -- the ad departures started after he announced his bid. I imagine they've accelerated as he's been tweeting through it all. Threatening to go thermonuclear by naming and shaming is probably not a good move to prove yourself as a reliable, stable partner either.

37 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

I just played a game where I replaced Musk with Trump in your post and it still works.

Archived