Trailer Thread - Movember Noirvember

TheLastWolf

Opens Tomorrow. Hidden Blade, 

Review:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/movies/hidden-blade-review.html

‘Hidden Blade’ Review: Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
Tony Leung stars as a spy chief during a shadowy period in midcentury China, when nationalists, communists and imperialists vied for power and souls.

.... But however crisp and stylishly executed, the parts don’t quite add up to a satisfying whole. The women characters (led by Zhou Xun) are thinly drawn, and Cheng’s love for puzzle-plotting leads too often to confusion, with too little payoff for all that time wandering the darkness. Still, I could have watched the actors smoke (and cry, and bleed) in midcentury Shanghai’s sumptuous back rooms all day.

Edited by Zorral

Whomever came up with the idea of mixing the Tetris theme with "The Final Countdown" is a genius.

Normally I'd be scathing of any project that substitutes shitty CGI locations for just going and shooting in the fucking location, but granted that's not possible with Moscow right now.

On 2/20/2023 at 7:58 AM, Veltigar said:

Not sure how I will be able to see this, but it looks interesting:

It looks good, and as an added bonus, Vitalic is providing the score, which ought to make for a very interesting soundtrack.

19 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Holy fucking shit! They had me at, "Killing Nazis".

I thought this was going to be about Simo Hähyä, but I guess he was too badass to be believably rendered on screen.

Good title, though. Sisu is such a characteristic Finnish word, a kind of combination of "gutsy" and "grit" but it runs deeper in the Finnish culture.

Edited by Ran