Trailer Thread - Movember Noirvember

TheLastWolf

13 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Is it strange how little Peter Pan is in that trailer?

Its one of two reasons I suspect:

1. Being Disney they wanted to make Wendy the hero for this story, what with her being a girl, we can't have a male be the centrepiece of a movie now can we?
  2. Or the actor playing Peter Pan is shit. Hard to say from the one line he has in that trailer but it didn't fill me with confidence. 

28 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

For reference it's based on this bit which is all I knew about the comedian:

Reveal hidden contents

No. Freaking. Way! I can’t believe they’re making a movie off of that bit, but then again Jim Jeffries essentially got a TV show based on a stand up routine too.

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:
  • Being Disney they wanted to make Wendy the hero for this story, what with her being a girl, we can't have a male be the centrepiece of a movie now can we?

Maybe they wanted Wendy to be the main character because she's the main character. Like, she always has been, she's the PoV character and protagonist of the original book, and the play (iirc, I saw it once when I was like nine I think) is based around her viewpoint too. 

It looks utter wank, but it's not because there's a girl in it.

Hopefully it won't be accidentally racist like Ben Zietlin's Wendy apparently was. 

1 hour ago, Argonath Diver said:

For reference it's based on this bit which is all I knew about the comedian:

Hide contents

The original story was very funny, but Mark Hamlin looks to really put the cherry on top in this trailer.

Fun looking horror comedy. Although another movie, a la 'Edge of Tomorrow' and 'Live. Die. Repeat', where the tagline looks better than the title.

Every so often the youtube algorithm chucks a trailer at me for a budget thriller or action film. You know, the sort of cheap, keep-a-studio-going thing, starring either no-one you've heard of or actors long past their last big payday, that'll almost certainly vanish straight to video. 
Normally they look wank and I don't care, but this one looks genuinely quite interesting, just by dint of just leaning into having no budget and making a whole concept out of the minimalism.  

Silo, previously called Wool, is an upcoming American science fiction streaming television series created and written by Graham Yost and directed by Morten Tyldum and based on the Silo series of novels by author Hugh Howey. The series stars Rebecca Ferguson, who also executive produces the series, and is set to premiere on Apple TV+ on May 5, 2023.

Cast and characters

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack

Virtual sets, composited faces on stunt men, frenetic editing... yeah, not my idea of a good time. Good on de Armas, though, getting that Apple Original paycheck for this popcorn rubbish. I guess her appearance in the last 007 film opened up this possibility, but I have to say the John Wick spinoff Ballerina will probably be a much better film than Ghosted, at least in its execution.

(She's incredibly hermosa, of course. Jesus. Evans and her character would have very attractive children for the 20-years-later sequel.)

4 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

So Apple TV have made a Netflix action flick. Cool

Yeah this looks just like a Netflix movie. I also wonder why Evan’s even left Marvel if he’s going to do projects like this. Surely being Captain America pays better than this dreck.