Trailer Thread - Movember Noirvember

TheLastWolf

1 hour ago, HokieStone said:

Ok...I gotta say, this is looking halfway decent.  I know, I know...Crystal Skull trailers looked good too....

The VFX look better than in the previous trailers, so they must have improved them in the last few months. The de-aging stuff looks really good. And the fact that Mads plays the main villain is enough to get me over the line to go see this movie.

On 4/7/2023 at 3:08 PM, TheLastWolf said:

Really mixed about this. On one hand this is a better trailer than the last one, less terrible CGI and flashbacks to monkey chases. This seems a lot more grounded in character and I can see how it could work.

BUT the whole time travel thing is a big red flag. Cue de-aging of Indy and others and probable retcons to make it easier for the studio to start a whole new franchise. I might hate this, it could trample over everything good.. or it could work. Wait and see

54 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

make it easier for the studio to start a whole new franchise. 

Hopefully they learned from the last time they tried this, although I think KofCS gets way too much hate. Change or just delete a few scenes and there's not that much to complain about. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hopefully they learned from the last time they tried this, although I think KofCS gets way too much hate. Change or just delete a few scenes and there's not that much to complain about. 

For the fans who struggled with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the fan edit Indiana Jones and the Riddles of the Lost Gods is a transformative experience, and improves the movie tenfold. Worth seeking out and watching. (I love the original, but even I concede this edit is a tighter, more focused narrative.)

7 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Really mixed about this. On one hand this is a better trailer than the last one, less terrible CGI and flashbacks to monkey chases. This seems a lot more grounded in character and I can see how it could work.

BUT the whole time travel thing is a big red flag. Cue de-aging of Indy and others and probable retcons to make it easier for the studio to start a whole new franchise. I might hate this, it could trample over everything good.. or it could work. Wait and see

It's still Indy in an age of meh

With Phoebe Waller Bridge :wub:

5 hours ago, IlyaP said:

For the fans who struggled with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the fan edit Indiana Jones and the Riddles of the Lost Gods is a transformative experience, and improves the movie tenfold. Worth seeking out and watching. (I love the original, but even I concede this edit is a tighter, more focused narrative.)

That is quite the recommendation. I love a good movie as much as the rest of us, but a transformative experience seems a bit bold. I agree somewhat with Tywin that the film wasn't as atrocious as its reputation (nuke fridge and monkey chase ignored). Without violating the decorum of the board, seeing the fanedit.org page for this edit doesn't show any way to actually watch what you've seen.

9 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

That is quite the recommendation. I love a good movie as much as the rest of us, but a transformative experience seems a bit bold. I agree somewhat with Tywin that the film wasn't as atrocious as its reputation (nuke fridge and monkey chase ignored). Without violating the decorum of the board, seeing the fanedit.org page for this edit doesn't show any way to actually watch what you've seen.

To follow on Diver's comment, I would actually like to watch such a fan edit as well.

But I don't see a link to the actual video.  Do you need to be a registered user of the fanedit forum to see the film?

Set in the final days of World War II, Blood & Gold follows a German soldier who, desperate to return home to his daughter, deserts his post, only to find himself caught in a battle against SS troops on a mission to uncover hidden gold.

Spring, 1945. On his way home from the front to his daughter, German deserter Heinrich (Robert Maaser, Barbarians, Tribes of Europa) stumbles into the clutches of a marauding SS troop. Their leader, Von Starnfeld (Alexander Scheer, The Island), leaves him hanging in a tree. It’s a good thing for Heinrich, then, that Elsa (Marie Hacke, Bauhaus, Outlander), a courageous young farmer, saves him and hides him on her farm.