Trailer Thread - Movember Noirvember

TheLastWolf

6 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Movie of the ever. 

I'm going to be there on opening night. You can't stop me. I love this series. Ever since Fast 5, they figured out how to make this series absolutely RULE and it's been a glorious ride of OTT silliness since then. And I for one love every single iota of it.

Don't get it twisted, Fast and Furious is probably my favourite movie series, at least of the blockbuster ones.

It's easy to make fun and yet the average quality over the 10 movies so far (counting Hobbes and Shaw) is way higher than something like Star Wars overall...

9 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Don't get it twisted, Fast and Furious is probably my favourite movie series, at least of the blockbuster ones.

It's easy to make fun and yet the average quality over the 10 movies so far (counting Hobbes and Shaw) is way higher than something like Star Wars overall...

I know the movies are ludicrous, but I love them regardless. They're just so goddamn earnest in their goofiness that it's frelling infectious. And they're over the top and they *know* it, and they simply embrace the insanity. It's so sincerely outrageous and wonderful.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

It's just a fan-edit. The music in the film won't be that. 

Why did they do that?  It's infuriating.

Also breaching copyright -- unless those who did this got a license to publicly release the footage with that score?  But if this fannish stuff, seems unlikely that fannish effort would be doing that.

Edited by Zorral

4 hours ago, Zorral said:

Why did they do that?  It's infuriating 

Some of the best tributes I've ever seen across a wide range of subjects are fan cut.

Also breaching copyright -- unless those who did this got a license to publicly release the footage with that score?

IIRC there's a provision to use these footage and music for artistic expression not monetary gain. Like TheGaroStudios or TheBeautyOf

But if this fannish stuff, seems unlikely that fannish effort would be doing that.

You have no idea how good these fans are, for instance even I could make a better trailercut than the producers for PS2.

15 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

You have no idea how good these fans are, for instance even I could make a better trailercut than the producers for PS2.

You misunderstand -- speaking of licensing, not quality.

Though I also think that mashing up like that is just ... wrong ... for the context, for many reasons, which I won't go into here.