Trailer Thread - Movember Noirvember

TheLastWolf

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Killers of the Flower Moon, and it sounds like Scorsese's best in a long time.

Sort of ... like Scorsese's Once Upon A Time in the West ... kind of, maybe?  It does look very good (so is the book from which he adapted the film -- Grann wins on screen again!).  As mentioned above or elsewhere, the film literally recreated the first photos that Grann inserted in his book, except woo! the color and the movement, the vitality, which those contemporary black&white photos could not convey!

But I won't be watching it in a theater -- over three hours!

Saw the trailer for Transformers Rise of the Beasts (set in 1994). Bumblebee at least tried to maintain some form of continuity with tue earlier films, but this one isn’t bothering.

Unicron is thr villain, coming to earth, which contradicts The last Knight, which has Unicron as being earth.

7 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Saw the trailer for Transformers Rise of the Beasts (set in 1994). Bumblebee at least tried to maintain some form of continuity with tue earlier films, but this one isn’t bothering.

Unicron is thr villain, coming to earth, which contradicts The last Knight, which has Unicron as being earth.

I think it’s safe to say Bumblebee was a reboot. It’s not like Bay was overly concerned with a coherent continuity in his films.

17 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I think it’s safe to say Bumblebee was a reboot. It’s not like Bay was overly concerned with a coherent continuity in his films.

Plus, I think most people stopped watching Bayformers well before Last Knight. Any retcon will go unnoticed by all except the diehard and easily triggered fans.

3 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Plus, I think most people stopped watching Bayformers well before Last Knight. 

But they kept buying them action figures, Son! Cha Ching!!

If there’s a fandom that is totally unbothered by continuity errors, plot holes, and lack-of-fidelity to the source material, it’s TF cinematic fans. They’re like, “yeah, fuck it. Give us giant robots smashy smashy.”

they have much to teach us.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?