Football - , it's just that the world's about to end.

Lykos

Barkeeper:  ' gonna watch the game this afternoon?

Ford Prefect:  No point!

Barkeeper:   Foregone conclusion, you reckon then - Arsenal withou a chance?

Ford Prefect:  It's not that, it's just that the world's about to end.

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

We got the better draw than Bayern München who topped our group. I'm not saying Inter will progress as I feel anyone can beat us at the moment but some teams must be pissed off with how this draw looks on paper. It is what it is though.

PSG - Bayern and to an extent Liverpool - Real look like exciting ties. Low-key interesting may be Man City - Leipzig. Other teams would look good some other years but based on form teams like Dortmund, Chelsea etc. are nothing special.

26 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Be interesting to see what they are valued at if sale does go through, after the insane Chelsea price.

Also I'd like to see Klopp go head to head with Pep with a similar war chest (fighting for 2nd obviously). 

A lot of Chelsea fans are not having Graham Potter this morning. I suspect there are a bunch of Chelsea players who feel exactly the same.

I know we've won there three seasons in a row now, but never like this. Chelsea were abysmal yesterday.

I wonder how long it will be before Potter is receiving notes from Todd on tactics and team selection. :lol:

Italian teams with the luck of the draw.

Liverpool and Bayern were each restricted to four possible opponents this round.

Bayern couldn't draw Inter or any German team, Liverpool couldn't draw Napoli or any English team. Thus Liverpool could only draw Bayern, Real, Benfica and Porto. And Bayern could only draw Liverpool, PSG, Milan and Brugge.

Kinda funny that both teams had a 50% chance to draw a heavyweight (Real and Bayern for Liverpool, and Liverpool and PSG for Bayern), despite Liverpool only finishing second in their group. I totally expected Liverpool - Bayern this round.

Archived