Football - , it's just that the world's about to end.

Lykos

Almiron wins player of the month. How could he not? Really pleased for him, has had a difficult few years finding his place (and the fans havent been exactly patient either). 

They should make Grealish present the award. 

And Howe wins MotM, Can Almiron make it a hattrick with goal of the month? 

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Good news for Liverpool fans (not so much for the player): Thiago has been left out of Spain's WC squad.

It will be interesting to see if mid-table and lower clubs see an increase in performance after having most of their squads stay out of the World Cup. Rest from all the travel and matches is bound to do everyone a lot of good.

City were off the pace today. Looked like players were saving themselves for the WC.

That's why I'm not confident for our game. Most of our squad is going to the WC so concerned that players are going to phone it in and play like it's a pre-season game to avoid injury.

Toney walking off the pitch genuinely furious that he didn't score the hattrick.

5 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

That's why I'm not confident for our game. Most of our squad is going to the WC so concerned that players are going to phone it in and play like it's a pre-season game to avoid injury.

He's not gonna and ultimately probably shouldn't go too hard on it, but I kind of want to see Ten Hag deal with this by playing as many of those not going as is feasible. I mean, a Garnacho-Martial-Elanga front 3 is perfectly feasible. Unfortunately the same principle probably means he'll start Van de Beek even if he doesn't do any of the rest, even though he should be trying Iqbal. 

Archived