Football - , it's just that the world's about to end.

Lykos

From reports of his press conference, I gather the answer is "well, that might be quite the understatement".

I'm sorta getting depressed watching all these rich and powerful persons showing in various fora that they are quite unable to string thoughts togheter, while still holding power and influence. One could become a communist easily in this enviroment.

Also FIFA have introduced a new captain's armband in a transparent move to stop the teams who had agreed to wear the OneLove armband to show support for the lgbt community. They're such scumbags.

I have to say I'm feeling absolutely no regret about my decision to give this a miss.

Minor problems. Leave the thinking to the horses, they have bigger heads, as the elder used to say around here. 

Anyway. One of the Stadiums for the WC is to be built at a location nearby. The DRC have to let's say relocate the villagers (with their consent of course ;)). If Amnesty cries, who cares? Not like anybody cares now.  With the stadium being built nearby that gives sufficient time to negotiate with a certain Dutch company, now located in the UK (which I may for legal reasons not name de Beers), who will get the mining rights, and the security is their problem (they are experienced in those matters). 

From Infantino's speech

"We are told to make many lessons from some Europeans, from the western world. I'm European. I think for what we Europeans have been doing for 3,000 years around the world, we should be apologising for the next 3,000 years before starting to give moral lessons to people.

It all comes back to the Greeks, don't it? They wipe out one city in Asia with a fake horse 3000 years ago, and none of us can live down since.

4 hours ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

One could become a communist easily in this enviroment.

You think communists run shit differently? Every economic and political system has a path towards authoritarianism and theft from the people.

I vote taking the French approach. If ever a group of people were more deserving... 

Oh, I know communism doesn't really work in practice. After all, I lived 6 years as a child (white, mind, so not dangerous) in marxist Ethiopia. 

However, the French approach didn't really work very well either, given they chopped each other after running out of bad guys (and other guys and girls), and then loosened Napoleon on the world.

So the solution is elusive. That too much money and power is the problem, however, is hard to escape.

in positive footie chat i watched the tv series 'welcome to wrexham' detailing rob mcelhenney and ryan reynolds buying and trying to rejuvenate wrexham football club. parts of it are cheesy goofy hollywood stuff but i was really moved by the chats w locals, supporters and players. 

11 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

So the solution is elusive. 

No it's not, make me king, I'll figure out the rest. :P

That too much money and power is the problem, however, is hard to escape.

As someone who jokes that the day I was born I became a member of three different country clubs, I wholeheartedly agree. Start first with one simple rule: There can never be billionaires ever again. No one needs that much money. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

No it's not, make me king, I'll figure out the rest. :P

As someone who jokes that the day I was born I became a member of three different country clubs, I wholeheartedly agree. Start first with one simple rule: There can never be billionaires ever again. No one needs that much money. 

Maybe we should be handing out diplomas once people reached a certain net worth? 

And I'm not sure who we should have as God-Emperor - for now I see a three-way fight between you, Horse and BFC.

23 hours ago, MercenaryChef said:

football without beer is nothing. 

I'm guessing we are gonna see a lot of supporters getting arrested. I'm not sure how fifa could have fucked up worse than handing this event to qatar. i mean, maybe iran, but that would be a hard one to pull off. 

The thing I find most confusing about it is... Why the fuck did Qatar want to host this? I assumed they were looking to put a smilie football face over their various "PR" issues, but a bunch of different things all in the last week make it look like spitting on the west is much more their intent than winning hearts and minds. The photos from the fan camp/village I saw tonight look like they're going to be killing people with heat stroke and dehydration.

Personally I think there are multiple legitimate reasons to be more bothered by this than if Brazil had banned beer, one of which is as simple as Football is huge in Brazil and the country would be one of the top associations with the world cup.

It's like Fyre Fest but at a scale and in heat that's gonna kill (even more) people.

11 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Personally I think there are multiple legitimate reasons to be more bothered by this than if Brazil had banned beer, one of which is as simple as Football is huge in Brazil and the country would be one of the top associations with the world cup.

I mean, I'm giving this one a miss, I'm definitely not arguing that this WC and the Brazil one are on an equal level.

I just don't care about the beer thing. 

Archived