The Dragon, North Star, Northern Dawn, and musing on Jon and Dany.

AlaskanSandman

When Daenerys was five years old, Willem fell sick and slowly wasted away.[41] After his death, the servants he had hired stole all they could.[5] 

Dany is allegedly born in 284 on Dragonstone 

A Game of Thrones - Daenerys I

She remembered Ser Willem dimly, a great grey bear of a man, half-blind, roaring and bellowing orders from his sickbed. The servants had lived in terror of him, but he had always been kind to Dany. He called her "Little Princess" and sometimes "My Lady," and his hands were soft as old leather. He never left his bed, though, and the smell of sickness clung to him day and night, a hot, moist, sickly sweet odor. That was when they lived in Braavos, in the big house with the red door. Dany had her own room there, with a lemon tree outside her window. After Ser Willem had died, the servants had stolen what little money they had left, and soon after they had been put out of the big house. Dany had cried when the red door closed behind them forever.

He rapidly rose through the ranks and was elected Lord Commander in 288 AC.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jeor_Mormont

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Willam_Dustin

Willem Darry's name is very close to Willam Dustin, who "Died" at the Tower of Joy and whose bones were never returned home with his horse that was. A possible candidate if Darry isn't real.

Or

Dany's birth date is a lie, she is a twin with Jon Snow (Gemini twins) and the Bear of a Man, was Jeor Mormont who ended up on the Wall. Again, if Darry isn't real, and Dustin really did die. Then Jeor could be another candidate. Maybe they were discovered and that's why he ended up at the wall, that or face death?

Or maybe the father of Jeor? I know it says he fell ill and died.

Archived