Arya and Sansa's relation after they reunite

What do you think is going to be the sisterly relationship between Arya and Sansa once they reunite in the North, most likely during The Winds of Winter ? 

How do you imagine their reunion and interactions shortly after ? What character and relationship are they going to go through in order to fully reconnect and sincerely change their relationship for the better ? 

What kind of scenes, moments and hardships do you see them going through together ?

2 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

I don’t think Sansa will live that long. She won’t make it back to the north. She may go out the moon door. 

AFFC made it clear that no one is going up to the Eyrie for some time. 

I do believe there was an entire chapter devoted to their descent.

7 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

What do you think is going to be the sisterly relationship between Arya and Sansa once they reunite in the North, most likely during The Winds of Winter ? 

How do you imagine their reunion and interactions shortly after ? What character and relationship are they going to go through in order to fully reconnect and sincerely change their relationship for the better ? 

What kind of scenes, moments and hardships do you see them going through together ?

I expect their reunion will go reasonably well.  Neither has had hostile or unpleasant memories or thoughts of the other, and they both seem to genuinely miss each other.  There may be some recriminations but I doubt anything too serious.

Future actions depend on the circumstances they find themselves in.  Where they meet, who they're with, what they know will determine a lot.  I do expect them to join forces to help the North, especially if the Others attack, and to bring House Stark back into prominence.

Arya will take a face and unbeknown to Sansa become Sansa's catspaw in King's Landing while Sansa plays the game of thrones to queen. Eventually after Sansa has used the catspaw up she will attempt to "dead men tell no secrets" her, but Arya being Arya will survive.

The next time they meet Arya will be herself and a princess of the North and a charge of King in the North Jon. Jon will defeat the south in war and come to parlay and Sansa will speak for the south, because she'll be queen in the south. Jon and Sansa will make a pact, that Robert Arryn and Arya marry and become king and queen on the Iron Throne and the north is again joined to that realm (and everyone does everything Jon wants in TWFTD).

King Robert will be caught between queen dowager Sansa and his queen Arya, who will be as different as the sun and moon and often in conflict with each other in their desire for how he rules the realm, Arya leaning towards being merciful and Sansa wrathful.

The one thing I could say right now is that it will be awkward. Both have spent a lot of time apart and have had profound experiences. 

Other than that, it depends on the circumstances under which they meet and what has happened in between. 

As it stands right now, in terms of location they are quite close. The route between Gulltown and Braavos is one of the shortest and most frequented across the Narrow Sea. These are the easiest places for these two to meet. Though currently there is no indication whether either of them with whom or where. 

2 hours ago, The Sleeper said:

The one thing I could say right now is that it will be awkward. Both have spent a lot of time apart and have had profound experiences. 

Other than that, it depends on the circumstances under which they meet and what has happened in between. 

As it stands right now, in terms of location they are quite close. The route between Gulltown and Braavos is one of the shortest and most frequented across the Narrow Sea. These are the easiest places for these two to meet. Though currently there is no indication whether either of them with whom or where. 

It's possible that there will be a missed opportunity of reunion, due to lack of communication before reuniting for good. For example Arya could return to Westeros on a ship going for Gulltown only for Sansa to have moved to the North already, or for her to arrive while Sansa is here but with her identity still concealed and dismissing the tournament or news of a wedding or of either Harrold or Robert's death where she could have found Sansa to move directly to the Riverlands.

2 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Arya will take a face and unbeknown to Sansa become Sansa's catspaw in King's Landing while Sansa plays the game of thrones to queen. Eventually after Sansa has used the catspaw up she will attempt to "dead men tell no secrets" her, but Arya being Arya will survive.

The next time they meet Arya will be herself and a princess of the North and a charge of King in the North Jon. Jon will defeat the south in war and come to parlay and Sansa will speak for the south, because she'll be queen in the south. Jon and Sansa will make a pact, that Robert Arryn and Arya marry and become king and queen on the Iron Throne and the north is again joined to that realm (and everyone does everything Jon wants in TWFTD).

King Robert will be caught between queen dowager Sansa and his queen Arya, who will be as different as the sun and moon and often in conflict with each other in their desire for how he rules the realm, Arya leaning towards being merciful and Sansa wrathful.

Pretty sure none of this is going to happen.

Arya won't go to KL with a new face.  Firstly, it's likely the FM only teach face changing to initiates, and Arya's not getting that far; and secondly, there's no point; nobody in KL would recognize her anyway.

Sansa isn't going to KL.  There's nothing there she wants or needs.  Same with being queen; she just wants to be left alone.  She'll put effort into helping the North, but doesn't want power for itself.

Arya wouldn't touch Robert Arryn with a ten foot marriage pact, and I can't see anybody seriously suggesting him for the throne in any case.

Sansa "wrathful"?  What, she got a personality transplant?

2 hours ago, The Sleeper said:

Neither of them has any reason to go to where the other is located.  Sansa has no reason to go to Braavos at all, and the only reason for Arya to visit the Vale is if she thinks Sansa is there (with Baelish).  Which is certainty possible, either on her own, or accompanying Brienne, Harwin, Jaime, or whoever from the Riverlands.  Winterfell is another potential meeting place.  I anticipate a big get together there in the near future.

15 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

It's possible that there will be a missed opportunity of reunion, due to lack of communication before reuniting for good. For example Arya could return to Westeros on a ship going for Gulltown only for Sansa to have moved to the North already, or for her to arrive while Sansa is here but with her identity still concealed and dismissing the tournament or news of a wedding or of either Harrold or Robert's death where she could have found Sansa to move directly to the Riverlands.

5 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Neither of them has any reason to go to where the other is located.  Sansa has no reason to go to Braavos at all, and the only reason for Arya to visit the Vale is if she thinks Sansa is there (with Baelish).  Which is certainty possible, either on her own, or accompanying Brienne, Harwin, Jaime, or whoever from the Riverlands.  Winterfell is another potential meeting place.  I anticipate a big get together there in the near future.

I just mentioned their geographical proximity. This is the only current possibility of a meeting. Neither of them have any reason to go anywhere in the foreseeable future. As such speculation about their eventual meeting is premature at this stage. 

If anything I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Thematically Arya is linked to the Riverlands. There is also some foreshadowing about her interacting with dragons and krakens. She is also learning the languages of Pentos and Lys. There are also many reasons for Braavos to become a place of interest in its own right. Arya is character whose future course is the hardest to predict. Though I think she will be involved with Dany and Euron. 

That said I think there is a possibility for a meeting in the near future in Braavos. Baelish may soon find himself fleeing the Vale and Braavos is a likely refuge for him. 

24 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Yes I think that there could be a chance for them to meet up but that they'd miss due to be unaware of each other's survival and location at the time. 

They may reunite after the news of the Boltons' defeat and return of Jon (in the case he's ressurected) and Rickon at Winterfell spread up and cause them to go back home to see for themselves. 

Sansa still has some stuff to account for, like how she told Cersei about Ned's escape plans. And Arya still has anger issues towards her sister to resolve. But they do both love each other, and at the end of the day, they will use their different skills and viewpoints to help and support each other. 

16 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

Sansa still has some stuff to account for, like how she told Cersei about Ned's escape plans. And Arya still has anger issues towards her sister to resolve. But they do both love each other, and at the end of the day, they will use their different skills and viewpoints to help and support each other. 

I don't think that this element is that important, Arya may feel upset about it but it's clearly not enough to cause a real crisis, nor the letter that Sansa was made to write for Robb unlike what Dumber & Dumber thought. 

I think the true points of friction might be of how much more cynical and ruthless they have become in their own ways, with Sansa using the big players' kind of methods and tactics using lies, manipulation and schemes that would bother Arya while Arya's use of direct violence and assassination methods may disturb Sansa. 

9 hours ago, Nevets said:

Pretty sure none of this is going to happen.

Arya won't go to KL with a new face.  Firstly, it's likely the FM only teach face changing to initiates, and Arya's not getting that far; and secondly, there's no point; nobody in KL would recognize her anyway.

Sansa isn't going to KL.  There's nothing there she wants or needs.  Same with being queen; she just wants to be left alone.  She'll put effort into helping the North, but doesn't want power for itself.

Arya wouldn't touch Robert Arryn with a ten foot marriage pact, and I can't see anybody seriously suggesting him for the throne in any case.

Sansa "wrathful"?  What, she got a personality transplant?

Arya will learn to change faces, her arc is why the skill even exists. She can choose to be no-one with complete freedom but little wholesale power but to murder in the dark or be Arya Stark with little freedom but the power to impact justice region wide.

Arya will go to King's Landing when she hears Sansa has gone to King's Landing because she does long for her kind, but will not reveal herself due to the trepidations flagged throughout her story whenever she thinks of meeting family again. Interactions with Sansa will not encourage her to reveal herself.

Sansa's arc is pawn to player and an exploration of the nature of power and those who seek it. She will play herself to queen and rule king Tyrion at home. She'll not produce heirs and have Tyrion make Sweetrobin heir so that she could control the realm through him should Tyrion die.

Sansa will desire Robert to be king because he's her pawn. Arya will decide to sacrifice total freedom and do her duty and marry Robert because her lord Jon will order her to and if she does not Sansa will rule the realm through Robert unchecked. Persuasive to Arya will be the sacrifices so many have made for the realm greater than what is asked of her, almost everyone will have died for the realm, those shadows all around them.

Archived