Arya, the Darkheart

2 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Would you please explain to me how the two things are related? Why Sam smelling fish in Arya is an indication of Arya murdering a bunch of people? 

Also, I don't recall Sam ever meeting Arya. 

They met in Braavos.  She was Cat of the canals at the time.  She helped him out with some troublemakers.  He doesn't know she's Arya.

Arya has crossed the threshold between good and evil.  She's on the evil side now.  Bodies will pile up as she leaves behind a long trail of blood back to the north.  She needs to be stopped and sentenced to pay for her crimes.  One of the victims on that list might pass greyscale to Arya.  

On 11/9/2022 at 4:58 AM, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

Quinn was kinder to Arya than I would have been.

Umm, you alts have used the same line a few dozen times, variations and then the rest of us will continue pretending to believe.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:58 AM, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

Please watch the video and we can discuss Arya's future. 

As if we haven't had your hate threads on the first page for a long time. At least dont scare away potential new members, I was crazy enough then and now.

On 11/9/2022 at 5:19 AM, chrisdaw said:

You people get such a hate on for characters that you go and make wild amounts of content about it when I can't even imagine you believe it yourselves, it's quite bewildering. I don't know, maybe this YouTuber makes money through the clicks but for the rest of you, what do for?

Alts

On 11/9/2022 at 8:57 AM, Ring3r said:

Man, you guys are dark.  Thinkin' Arya is just gonna go postal on everyone. Maybe play some Sudoku or something.

Mods please open a new sub topic, fantastic suggestion.

1 hour ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Arya is on her way to put more people in their graves.  It is uncomfortable to read.  Not because I like Arya or any of the Starks but because the murderer is a child.  Arya's mind is a turmoil, a hellscape of intrusive thoughts of violence and revenge. 

I genuinely hope so. I hope she enacts revenge on every, single, person that partook in her families demise. 

2 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Arya's mind is a turmoil, a hellscape of intrusive thoughts of violence and revenge. 

She wants revenge, certainly, but this seems like a massive exaggeration of what's going on. Her mind, as of now, is quite sound. She may have some immoral thoughts, but that doesn't mean she's losing her grip on reality.

From killing out of self-defense, to desecrating the dead, to murdering Dareon and the insurance agent.  Arya has desensitized herself to death.  She murders without guilt or remorse.  The future is indeed very dark.  She should get the same punishment given to Lady Stoneheart.  Cat killed Jinglebells, an innocent bystander.  Arya's crimes are more terrible. 

7 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

She murders without guilt or remorse.

Then why does she keep on telling herself that Dareon deserved to die because he was a traitor to the Watch? If she really had no guilt or remorse, why would she try to justify it to herself over and over again?

With all this talk of what Arya has done or how much remorse she feels, etc, shouldn't we remember that the Faceless Men, Varys and possibly others are taking children and turning them into murderers? Where's the moral outrage for these figures?

In Essos, children are castrated and turned into killing machines. Because Arya is 'highborn' we are quicker to judge her perhaps - but the main thing that separates her from all the other exploited children in this world is that she has more skills up her sleeve, and may eventually be able to turn those skills against the powers-that-be which are forces for exploitation.

GRRM has shown us that in this brutal world, it doesn't take much to strip away the veneer of civilised humanity. Yes, Arya is an example of that. But her arc isn't over, and I think that eventually she will have to start coming to terms with what she has done and the people she has killed. But not before taking down those who turned her into what she is. 

So what if she comes to terms with what she has done.  Arya has taken so many lives to serve her insatiable want of revenge and only her own life can pay for the crimes.@Sandy Clegg .  Dareon and the old gent at the restaurant had done Arya no harm.  Dareon was just a poor soul who got targeted by a little assasin who loves to murder people.  The old man was a trial run and the first lesson in how to kill.  There is nothing admirable or even acceptable about those killings.  I don't want Arya to go unpunished.  

1 hour ago, The Gizzard of Oz said:

I don't want Arya to go unpunished.

I doubt she'll go unpunished given the books aren't trying to promote vigilantism but some of the people she has killed/is going to, unlike Dareon and the Insurance Man, are clearly horrible individuals so I doubt there will be much in the way of punishment for the death of them.

17 minutes ago, Sandy Clegg said:

She's literally a child. How much responsibility should she bear, compared to those who put her in these positions?

She's an ~11 year old girl who has lost her family. She's being manipulated and coerced into doing those things. She thinks it will please her surrogate family and she doesn't want to lose what 'family' she now has.

11 hours ago, The Gizzard of Oz said:

So what if she comes to terms with what she has done.  Arya has taken so many lives to serve her insatiable want of revenge and only her own life can pay for the crimes.@Sandy Clegg .  Dareon and the old gent at the restaurant had done Arya no harm.  Dareon was just a poor soul who got targeted by a little assasin who loves to murder people.  The old man was a trial run and the first lesson in how to kill.  There is nothing admirable or even acceptable about those killings.  I don't want Arya to go unpunished.  

Who has she killed to serve her insatiable want of revenge? I can't think of anyone she has killed in revenge as of yet. The insurance man was on orders of the FM, Dareon (right or wrong) was for deserting the NW. 

It is unfathomable to me, with all the heinous crimes that go on in this series that people are so upset about Dareon & the insurance salesman. 

26 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

upset about Dareon

With Dareon his death is just the cherry on top of his seemingly tragic life if you believe his story. He was falsely accused of rape and then sent to a penal colony to spend the rest of his life freezing cold and miserable, only to finally have the chance to escape before being killed. It's the circumstances that surround his death which would make it tragic for me, not the actual death itself (which is one of the tamest, and he likely died quickly).

26 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I can't think of anyone she has killed in revenge as of yet.

The main act of revenge we have seen her do so far was to not kill someone. She gave Jaqen people's names that she wanted revenge on, but she didn't kill them herself. Aside from the killings ordered by the Faceless Men and the killing of Dareon, the only other killing Arya made herself, as far as I am aware, was the killing of the stable boy in self-defence. So she hardly has this track record of bloodthirsty revenge killings that some people here are trying to perpetuate.

Edit:

There was also the incident with the Guardsmen but that is arguably a standard wartime act so again I fail to see how Arya is this horrible child revenge killer.

Edited by Craving Peaches

38 minutes ago, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

Who has she killed to serve her insatiable want of revenge? I can't think of anyone she has killed in revenge as of yet. The insurance man was on orders of the FM, Dareon (right or wrong) was for deserting the NW. 

It is unfathomable to me, with all the heinous crimes that go on in this series that people are so upset about Dareon & the insurance salesman. 

Rafford.  That was revenge.