Arya, the Darkheart

19 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Aerys was a noble king.

Aerys was justified in killing Rickard and Brandon as they were plotting against the Targaryens.

Treason against the Targaryens is an insult to the Gods.

The Boltons are the legitimate rulers of the North.

Jon betrayed Westeros.

Arya will blow up King's Landing.

Bran is the ultimate evil.

Edited by Craving Peaches

16 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I'm trying so hard but I just don't hate the Starks enough I'm afraid...

You did good. @SeanF & I were more cheekily taking the piss but all items in your list up thread are arguments that I have seen being legitimately put forth. It’s bonkers. 

2 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Aerys was justified in killing Rickard and Brandon as they were plotting against the Targaryens.

Treason against the Targaryens is an insult to the Gods.

The Boltons are the legitimate rulers of the North.

Jon betrayed Westeros.

Arya will blow up King's Landing.

Bran is the ultimate evil.

I jumped to the end of this thread and read this first and was EXTREMELY confused. haha

On 1/15/2023 at 8:51 PM, Sydney Mae said:

Arya is half Tully.  The Tully sisters went mad.  Lysa was always so.  Cat lost her sanity at the red wedding.  Arya's bloodline make her vulnerable as well. 

Quite vulnerable.  The stressful experience of watching while Ned was killed and other adversity broke Arya mentally. 

Arya undoubtedly suffers from mental illness.  The problem passed down from her Tully side.  The trauma she experienced didn't help. 

On 2/4/2023 at 10:33 PM, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

Quite vulnerable.  The stressful experience of watching while Ned was killed and other adversity broke Arya mentally. 

On 2/4/2023 at 10:33 PM, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

The company she kept and keeps are only making Arya's condition worse.  A lot of the readers liked the Hound but he was messed up in his own way. 

15 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The company she kept and keeps are only making Arya's condition worse.  A lot of the readers liked the Hound but he was messed up in his own way. 

I will grant her that.  Bad company contributed to her emotional and mental damage.  Push Arya to the widlings side of the wall and keep her there.  I would accept that solution given she suffers from mental illness and young age.  Her insanity interferes with her decisions.  

My goodness, this thread made me laugh so much. Do you people even read the books? :lol:

The "interpretation" of Arya (using that word very loosely because no one who read the books could come away with these conclusions) as this ticking time bomb of a murder machine wouldn't even fit Lady Stoneheart, who was reborn with a single-minded focus on revenge due to the circumstances of Cat's death (and perhaps how "weakened" Beric's flame of life was by then). In any case, it is very likely that Arya will see in full the cost of vengeance and how it is a mockery of justice by coming across the undead entity that was once her mother, and she will doubtlessly go down a better path.

On 11/8/2022 at 6:28 PM, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

Quinn Howard talks about Arya's dark future in this video from youtube.  Quinn was kinder to Arya than I would have been.  Please watch the video and we can discuss Arya's future. 

Arya's first murders were committed for the purpose of self-preservation.  Later murders cannot be excused nor forgiven.  The murders of Dareon and the Old Insurance man were two of the most heinous crimes committed in all of the story.  Arya, like Jon, is fickle about justice.  There was no justice for Dareon.  Dareon was a victim of injustice from the very beginning and was sent to the wall at the whim of his lord.  The supposed unethical business practices of the Old Man had not and has not been established.  Arya killed him because the crime is her key to get into the school of murderers.  Church is a better description for the House of Black & White.  Cult is much better.  A cult of crackpots and evildoers who sacrifice people to the god of many faces. 

Catelyn is now Stoneheart.  A walking zombie without mercy or pity.  Jon will come back as the Coldheart, another zombie who will show no pity and no mercy to those who will stand between he and Arya.  Arya is Darkheart, which is a subtle difference.  Darkheart is worse.  Arya will show no mercy but dark also means evil.  Arya is insane to be sure.  But being insane does not mean she is without guilt. 

The Ghost of High Heart associates the tragic past of Summerhall to present day Arya Stark.  Wildfire was involved at Summerhall.  The woman saw an accurate vision of Arya's dark future.  Arya has a lot of blood on her hands.  She will soon be covered in many layers of blood.  Arya will commit a mass murder which will result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.  I have seen posted predictions of her methodology of choice.  I do not think Arya will employ poison.  She is too small to attack a crowd directly.  Arya will use Wildfire to commit mass murder.  It is impossible for Arya to ever be normal again.  The future for her is very, very dark.  And she will become the darkest, most evil, of the main characters. 

Arya could do this if burning the town is the only way to kill the Lannisters, Illyn, and a few other names on her list. 

On 2/12/2023 at 10:32 PM, James West said:

I will grant her that.  Bad company contributed to her emotional and mental damage.  Push Arya to the widlings side of the wall and keep her there.  I would accept that solution given she suffers from mental illness and young age.  Her insanity interferes with her decisions.  

No that will give her freedom and it is the last thing she deserves.  Life with the Wildlings is perfect for a savage who obeys no laws.  Giving her that is not justice.  She needs prison time.  I think she will not repent nor regret any of her crimes but at least she will be punished. Hanging is too harsh for the crimes she committed so far because of her age and mental health though. 

20 hours ago, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

No that will give her freedom and it is the last thing she deserves.  Life with the Wildlings is perfect for a savage who obeys no laws.  Giving her that is not justice.  She needs prison time.  I think she will not repent nor regret any of her crimes but at least she will be punished. Hanging is too harsh for the crimes she committed so far because of her age and mental health though. 

I hope she rids herself of every single person on her kill list & gets hailed a hero for it. Matter of fact, I hope she adds a couple to her list before it's done, & of course eliminates every single Frey. Suffers zero punishment & zero consequence & lives the rest of her life, happily ever after. 

Pretty sure neither of us are gonna get what we hope for. 

Edited by Lyanna<3Rhaegar

On 2/15/2023 at 9:21 AM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Sandor suffers from a fear of fire but he’s not mad like Arya is. Arya goes to bed reciting the list of people she plans to murder. It’s sick. 

You did not really say The Hound is saner than Arya did you? You couldn't have. 

2 hours ago, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

You did not really say The Hound is saner than Arya did you? You couldn't have. 

I wouldn't call the Hound insane, definite problems with PTSD, alcohol abuse, living with the stigma of a disfigurement among others perhaps.  Arya has her own issues of course, in my view, her prayer list is a way for her to cope with the terrible places and experiences she has lived through.  Much of her issues in my mind stem from the profound grief of losing her parents and other family members and to have lived through the worst of the horrors in the Riverlands.  To call her mad is really unfair.