Arya, the Darkheart

2 hours ago, LongRider said:

I wouldn't call the Hound insane, definite problems with PTSD, alcohol abuse, living with the stigma of a disfigurement among others perhaps.  Arya has her own issues of course, in my view, her prayer list is a way for her to cope with the terrible places and experiences she has lived through.  Much of her issues in my mind stem from the profound grief of losing her parents and other family members and to have lived through the worst of the horrors in the Riverlands.  To call her mad is really unfair.  

Yeah, I don't think either of them are insane, but the poster I was replying to said "Sandor suffers from a fear of fire but he’s not mad like Arya is" Certainly they both have their issues. I agree her prayer list is a coping mechanism. She has zero control over anything in her life & that list is hope that one day she will.

3 hours ago, LongRider said:

I wouldn't call the Hound insane, definite problems with PTSD, alcohol abuse, living with the stigma of a disfigurement among others perhaps.  Arya has her own issues of course, in my view, her prayer list is a way for her to cope with the terrible places and experiences she has lived through.  Much of her issues in my mind stem from the profound grief of losing her parents and other family members and to have lived through the worst of the horrors in the Riverlands.  To call her mad is really unfair.  

It is fair to call Arya mad.  Her aunt and mother went mad.  Stress, grief, and all of that trauma pushed her too far.  Her mind is like glass that dropped on a stone floor.  It is shattered.  What we can argue about is how much accountability and punishment to assign because obviously she is very impaired.  Her bad lot in life has to be taken into account and will significantly lessen the sentence. 

10 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I hope she rids herself of every single person on her kill list & gets hailed a hero for it. Matter of fact, I hope she adds a couple to her list before it's done, & of course eliminates every single Frey. Suffers zero punishment & zero consequence & lives the rest of her life, happily ever after. 

Pretty sure neither of us are gonna get what we hope for. 

I hope none of this happens.  Two reasons: 

First, some of the people on her list don't really belong there.  Ilyn Payne for sure, and even Meryn Trant is a bit questionable and Dunsen is a non-entity.  

Second, I don't really like the idea of a child her age willing to kill people that are not a threat to her or anyone else.  I certainly don't care to encourage the idea.

If she were real, I would worry about her.  But since GRRM is in total control of her fate, and he seems to like her, I think she will come out OK.  But I anticipate a bumpy ride.

11 hours ago, Nevets said:

I hope none of this happens.  Two reasons: 

First, some of the people on her list don't really belong there.  Ilyn Payne for sure, and even Meryn Trant is a bit questionable and Dunsen is a non-entity.  

Second, I don't really like the idea of a child her age willing to kill people that are not a threat to her or anyone else.  I certainly don't care to encourage the idea.

If she were real, I would worry about her.  But since GRRM is in total control of her fate, and he seems to like her, I think she will come out OK.  But I anticipate a bumpy ride.

Oh, I was being sarcastic. I don't really hope this happens to her. I want her to live a healthy, happy, non-murderous life, in all honesty. I just got going at the other poster. 

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Oh, I was being sarcastic. I don't really hope this happens to her. I want her to live a healthy, happy, non-murderous life, in all honesty. I just got going at the other poster. 

I thought that might be the case.  But it's similar to stuff I've seen where they're serious so I wanted to get it off my chest.  We want the same thing so we're good :).

23 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

You did not really say The Hound is saner than Arya did you? You couldn't have. 

Both of them have emotional issues but Arya is the one who keeps a list of future victims. She goes through her list like she’s reciting a prayer. Both killed innocents. Sandor is the one feeling guilt. Arya has no remorse. 

5 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Both of them have emotional issues but Arya is the one who keeps a list of future victims. She goes through her list like she’s reciting a prayer. Both killed innocents. Sandor is the one feeling guilt. Arya has no remorse. 

Does Dany? I know you won't be coming back for a while so you can tell to one of your friends in your club and they can answer in your place.

5 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

So because the hound kills without a list he isn't as bad? Puh-lease. This is pure ridiculousness. 

5 hours ago, Nevets said:

I thought that might be the case.  But it's similar to stuff I've seen where they're serious so I wanted to get it off my chest.  We want the same thing so we're good :).

haha for sure. I was in a bit of a mood, so my "humor" probably didn't translate well into text but yes we are good :)

Arya should go to prison for her violent crimes.  It will be an injustice if she gets away without receiving punishment. 

On 2/28/2023 at 5:14 PM, Bowen 747 said:

It is fair to call Arya mad.  Her aunt and mother went mad.  Stress, grief, and all of that trauma pushed her too far.  Her mind is like glass that dropped on a stone floor.  It is shattered.  What we can argue about is how much accountability and punishment to assign because obviously she is very impaired.  Her bad lot in life has to be taken into account and will significantly lessen the sentence. 

Edited by Roswell

• 2 weeks later...

Arya should get punished for those murders.  I don't think the misery inflicted on her family is enough punishment and then just let the murders slide.  The people she murdered in Bravos have nothing to do with the sufferings inflicted on the Starks.  Most of the suffering came from the Lannisters. 

2 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Arya should get punished for those murders.  I don't think the misery inflicted on her family is enough punishment and then just let the murders slide.  The people she murdered in Bravos have nothing to do with the sufferings inflicted on the Starks.  Most of the suffering came from the Lannisters. 

There are many more than the Lannisters who have caused her suffering. Regardless, there is quite a few others who have done way worse, they should get punished worse, no? 

48 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Regardless, there is quite a few others who have done way worse, they should get punished worse, no? 

I wonder if Daenerys will ever be punished for the death of Hazzea. A clear case of gross negligence manslaughter...Or when she had Drogo murder her brother...soliciting murder right there...

Spoiler

Just in case people are not aware, this is a joke post!

Edited by Craving Peaches

14 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

If wonder if Daenerys will ever be punished for the death of Hazzea. A clear case of gross negligence manslaughter...Or when she had Drogo murder her brother...soliciting murder right there...

Reveal hidden contents

Just in case people are not aware, this is a joke post!

So, I didn't read the hidden contents at first & was replying but the whole time I was thinking, I've seen Craving Peaches posts, lots of times, this does not sound like them! haha! 

26 minutes ago, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

So, I didn't read the hidden contents at first & was replying but the whole time I was thinking, I've seen Craving Peaches posts, lots of times, this does not sound like them! haha! 

I started adding little disclaimers just in case because sometimes people didn't realise it was a joke and really took things the wrong way :uhoh: