Arya, the Darkheart

On 3/20/2023 at 7:10 AM, Moiraine Sedai said:

I too would like to have Arya imprisoned for a long time. George is more likely to give Arya a noble death. Like she kills Ramsay for example.  

I might seriously be missing something, but what are Arya's murders? That kid who tried to kill her in book 1, Amory Lorch's soldier, a Bolton guard, The Mountain's squire, a Night's Watch deserter, and an assassin target. 

Her list is Joffrey, who killed her dad, Chiswyck, who raped a 13 year old, The Mountain, who's killed hundreds, Sandor who killed Mycah (but they became friends), Dunsen who was with the Mountain, Cersei because she killed Ned, Amory Lorch who killed Yoren, Ilyn Payne who killed her dad, Polliver who was with the Mountain, Raff who killed Lommy, The Tickler who was a torturer, Meryn Trant who killed Syrio and Weese who abused her. She wants to add Walder Frey, but she needs to know the entire house's names. 

Of all the people in A Song of Ice and Fire who need to be "imprisoned for a long time," Arya is a weird one to specifically gun for. Her most questionable kill is Dareon (especially since she kept a trophy), but this is hardly "lock her up in the Wolf's Den" level especially since he was a Night's Watch deserter.

Edited by GZ Bloodraven

I'm amazed at how much vitriol is expended on a frightened, traumatized, and manipulated child who has killed people mainly because she feels she has to for her own survival and well-being. 

She has also killed two people she was justifiably angry with, and who are not at all sympathetic.  I disapprove of these acts, but under the circumstances I don't believe they warrant incarceration or other severe punishment.  I also think that, given a normal, safe environment, she's not really a threat to anyone.

2 hours ago, Nevets said:

I'm amazed at how much vitriol is expended on a frightened, traumatized, and manipulated child who has killed people mainly because she feels she has to for her own survival and well-being. 

She has also killed two people she was justifiably angry with, and who are not at all sympathetic.  I disapprove of these acts, but under the circumstances I don't believe they warrant incarceration or other severe punishment.  I also think that, given a normal, safe environment, she's not really a threat to anyone.

Killing the Tickler and Raff, and the four bloody mummers (as Nymeria) was performing a public service.

15 hours ago, GZ Bloodraven said:

Her list is Joffrey, who killed her dad, Chiswyck, who raped a 13 year old, The Mountain, who's killed hundreds, Sandor who killed Mycah (but they became friends), Dunsen who was with the Mountain, Cersei because she killed Ned, Amory Lorch who killed Yoren, Ilyn Payne who killed her dad, Polliver who was with the Mountain, Raff who killed Lommy, The Tickler who was a torturer, Meryn Trant who killed Syrio and Weese who abused her. She wants to add Walder Frey, but she needs to know the entire house's names. 

And when Jaquen explicitly offers to do Joffrey for her, she tricks him into saving the Northerners from the HH cells instead.

• 1 month later...

Arya will be in full-blown insanity by the time she returns to Westeros.  Her insanity level will be off the charts.  She suffers from madness now but she still has some control.  Jon's death, when the news reach Arya, will send her to level 11 madness. 

16 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

The Tully's predisposition to insanity make the scenario of Arya mass murdering villages and killing the black brothers at the Night's Watch all the more likely to happen. 

2 hours ago, Kierria said:

Arya will be in full-blown insanity by the time she returns to Westeros.  Her insanity level will be off the charts.  She suffers from madness now but she still has some control.  Jon's death, when the news reach Arya, will send her to level 11 madness. 

When does the next chapter in your fanfiction come out? Will it be about Unicorns returning to Westeros and shooting happy friend beams on everyone?

6 hours ago, Kierria said:

What rubbish. You don't even know what insanity means. Of course, it doesn't appear from this post that you've read the books either.

7 hours ago, SeanF said:

Maybe they've read pirated versions, generated by Chat GPT?

Must be, fan fic sites and book summaries on Wikipedia are so dated, and actually read the books?  pffft, they are just too big.  The abomination tells the real story anyway.

37 minutes ago, James West said:

Seeking revenge is bad but if it were only that she will be less of a villain.  It is bad when she killed the old man.  She killed him to pass an exam.  

She killed the insurance broker because she was told to.  She wants to stay with the Faceless Men because she believes it's the only way she can learn the skills she thinks she needs to protect herself and those she cares about.  She also fears if she doesn't do it, she will get dumped onto the street.

The Faceless Men know this and are manipulating her for their own ends, a task made easier by the fact that she is a young child, and one that is desperate for security and acceptance.  They know that, too.

I anticipate that once she gets away from the malign influence of the Faceless Men, her mental state will improve noticeably.  But she first has to recognize their malignant nature, and then manage to break free of them.

On 4/30/2023 at 5:48 AM, Bowen 747 said:

The Tully's predisposition to insanity make the scenario of Arya mass murdering villages and killing the black brothers at the Night's Watch all the more likely to happen. 

Arya  will murder the black crows for Jon.  Insanity will only make it more violent though.  She will be torturing and tormenting instead of a quick death.  Here we must hope Lord Bowen can knife Arya Stark to death before she can kill all the crows. 

58 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Insanity will only make it more violent though.

Arya is not suffering from insanity! The only insanity is these silly posts.

58 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Here we must hope Lord Bowen

His life expectancy is ~5 minutes.

On 5/3/2023 at 5:59 AM, Nevets said:

She killed the insurance broker because she was told to.  She wants to stay with the Faceless Men because she believes it's the only way she can learn the skills she thinks she needs to protect herself and those she cares about.  She also fears if she doesn't do it, she will get dumped onto the street.

The Faceless Men know this and are manipulating her for their own ends, a task made easier by the fact that she is a young child, and one that is desperate for security and acceptance.  They know that, too.

I anticipate that once she gets away from the malign influence of the Faceless Men, her mental state will improve noticeably.  But she first has to recognize their malignant nature, and then manage to break free of them.

Yup. In other words, her story arc is nowhere near finished, so why bother making over-long threads about stuff like this?

edit -  may have  woken up Mr. Grumpy this morning, sorry

Edited by Sandy Clegg

5 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Here we must hope Lord Bowen can knife Arya Stark to death before she can kill all the crows. 

Being that Lord Bowen of the Spoons, couldn't even knife Jon properly, you hope he will knife Arya to death?

Are you high?  What are you smokin'?    :lmao: