What do you think are the words of House Dayne?

Tyrosh Lannister

1 hour ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

This mysterious house's words are never revealed to us. What do you think they are? I think they are "twinkle twinkle little star"

In Tarth we trust! 

No, Idk. I do think there is a weird link between the two with Evenstar and Evenfall having Starfall in them.

"We light the way" is taken. As stated above "We bring the Dawn" may not be far off. "Winters End" or something relating to that wouldn't surprise me either, and why we're not told it. It must be revealing to either House Stark, or House Targaryen for it to be secret imo

I'm going to stick with:

A Feast for Crows - Cersei VI

"Seven save His Grace. Long may he reign." The High Septon made a steeple of his hands and raised his eyes to heaven. "Let the wicked tremble!"

In part, because I think those words fit a true knight like Arthur Dayne  and because of its biblical reference.

53 minutes ago, LynnS said:

In part, because I think those words fit a true knight like Arthur Dayne  and because of its biblical reference.

Except that Daynes have  long been on the continent when  christian/catholic christian based  Andouilles arrived. Oh and from what we’ve learned so far these Andouilles, sorry, Andals are quite wicked themselves, especially the priesthood

The only red priest Tyrion had ever known was Thoros of Myr, the portly, genial, wine-stained roisterer who had loitered about Robert's court swilling the king's finest vintages and setting his sword on fire for mêlées. "Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical," he told Haldon, "the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It's the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble."

On 11/10/2022 at 6:00 AM, Corvo the Crow said:

Except that Daynes have  long been on the continent when  christian/catholic christian based  Andouilles arrived. Oh and from what we’ve learned so far these Andouilles, sorry, Andals are quite wicked themselves, especially the priesthood

Apart from that and GRRM's Catholic background; what appeals to me is the symbolism of the stars and swords of the poor fellows/faith militant and the potential connection to the symbolism of House Dayne - the star and the sword.  Only someone who is worthy can claim the sword according to GRRM.  I think this has something to do with being a true knight and Ser Arthur seems to fit that bill.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Dawn Sword had a diamond in it's hilt.

A Storm of Swords - Jon IV

Ghost was gone when the wildings led their horses from the cave. Did he understand about Castle Black? Jon took a breath of the crisp morning air and allowed himself to hope. The eastern sky was pink near the horizon and pale grey higher up. The Sword of the Morning still hung in the south, the bright white star in its hilt blazing like a diamond in the dawn, but the blacks and greys of the darkling forest were turning once again to greens and golds, reds and russets. And above the soldier pines and oaks and ash and sentinels stood the Wall, the ice pale and glimmering beneath the dust and dirt that pocked its surface.

And I wouldn't be surprised if we were already given House Dayne's words somewhere in the text.

Archived