How did Jaehara die ?

Tyrosh Lannister

11 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

If you read Fire and Blood, it goes into detail about a possible way she died. The implication is that Unwin Peake's mercenary bodyguard, Tessario, was allowed into her room by Amaury Peake and threw her to her death.

Ironic that the last of Aegon II’s kids is murdered on a former Green’s orders. 

Also, it was Mervyn Flowers, not Amaury Peake.

1 hour ago, PrinceAemondTargaryen said:

I really hope Unwin Peake got his comeuppance. He played the game of thrones, and he lost. So he should’ve gotten killed. Hopefully we read he had some horrible death.

I expect he will. He is not done yet, and neither are Aegon III and Viserys done with him. The guy had one Targaryen queen murdered, his cronies poisoned the king's best friend and nearly Aegon himself and his new queen ... and then they tried to frame Viserys' wife Larra and her brothers for this all, and the Secret Siege nearly cost Daenaera her life yet again.

They cannot let this stand.

Even with broken Aegon were too weak or detached from reality to take revenge ... Viserys isn't.

Peake is also not stupid enough to believe the king and his brother won't come for him now that they run the government themselves. That makes it not unlikely that he will commit further treasons which, in turn, will allow the Targaryens to crush him. One could easily see him as the mastermind behind one of the fake Daerons, for instance.

But I honestly think that Viserys and Alyn and the girls don't really need Peake to continue to plot treason to have a pretext to crush him. They will do in any case. The guy conveniently has no sons, so we can expect that the Peake lordship will pass to a cadet branch, possibly to Gedmund Great-Axe or his descendants (who could stand with the Targaryens against Unwin). Myrielle Peake might go down with her father and his pretender, being married to a fake Daeron.

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

I expect he will. He is not done yet, and neither are Aegon III and Viserys done with him. The guy had one Targaryen queen murdered, his cronies poisoned the king's best friend and nearly Aegon himself and his new queen ... and then they tried to frame Viserys' wife Larra and her brothers for this all, and the Secret Siege nearly cost Daenaera her life yet again.

They cannot let this stand.

Even with broken Aegon were too weak or detached from reality to take revenge ... Viserys isn't.

Peake is also not stupid enough to believe the king and his brother won't come for him now that they run the government themselves. That makes it not unlikely that he will commit further treasons which, in turn, will allow the Targaryens to crush him. One could easily see him as the mastermind behind one of the fake Daerons, for instance.

But I honestly think that Viserys and Alyn and the girls don't really need Peake to continue to plot treason to have a pretext to crush him. They will do in any case. The guy conveniently has no sons, so we can expect that the Peake lordship will pass to a cadet branch, possibly to Gedmund Great-Axe or his descendants (who could stand with the Targaryens against Unwin). Myrielle Peake might go down with her father and his pretender, being married to a fake Daeron.

Well, we know that the Peakes became a thorn in the Targaryens’ side for a few generations, so whatever enmity was created between Unwin and Aegon III is sure to blight thousands of lives.

1 minute ago, Canon Claude said:

Well, we know that the Peakes became a thorn in the Targaryens’ side for a few generations, so whatever enmity was created between Unwin and Aegon III is sure to blight thousands of lives.

I actually expect the Peakes to lose their first castle when Unwin gets his due, and the second after the Blackfyre Rebellion. Egg may have misremembered this.

10 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

I hope Aegon himself swings the axe when Unwin is executed. 

I think that Uwin’s punishment should be rather more severe than a simple beheading.

Regicides were typically torn apart by horses, after being tortured with hot irons, or else hanged, drawn, and quartered.  Impalement on a blunt pole is another option.

On 11/11/2022 at 4:23 AM, Tyrosh Lannister said:

It is said she commited suicide by leaping from a window and falling to her death in the red keep. But this seems unlikely. Did Unwin Peake and his people murder her ?

It is vanishingly rare for young children to commit suicide.  So, yes, Peake ordered it.

10 hours ago, SeanF said:

I think that Uwin’s punishment should be rather more severe than a simple beheading.

Regicides were typically torn apart by horses, after being tortured with hot irons, or else hanged, drawn, and quartered.  Impalement on a blunt pole is another option.

That's assuming that they can prove Unwin was behind Jaehaera's death. If Gyldayn can only speculate, then I'm pretty sure that he was never convicted of those crimes. If Unwin does end up getting killed by the Crown, it'll most likely be because he supports a Daeron pretender. The charge will be treason, and considering that he's still a powerful marcher lord, he will get the 'dignity' of a beheading.

I actually think Unwin will get an ugly death, executed possibly by the people one could call 'Viserys' dogs'. Viserys II seems to be growing in the most Tywinesque Targaryen Hand we will get, a man who is competent and pragmatic ... which, especially, in this era will mean well-measured cruelty.

The Dance is barely over, the Regency was a complete mess, and Aegon III will largely be an absent king. His brother will have to manage everything, even when he isn't named Hand yet.

One lesson Aegon and Viserys should have learned from Unwin is that to control the government and the Realm you have to have loyal men in most, if not all, positions of real power.

The first of the men which will make the Targaryen name feared again across the Realm we have already seen in FaB - Sandoq the Shadow. I'm sure he will join the Kingsguard before Larra leaves Viserys, and if only to ensure the well-being of her and Viserys' children whose sworn shield he could then become.

But there will be others - Lucas Lothston is already close to Viserys and will in due time be rewarded with Harrenhal, the Demon of Darry might also have been introduced already if Ser Damon Darry will grow into that guy.

Thus I imagine Unwin Peake will eventually see himself taken by 'Viserys' dogs', possibly with Viserys being there himself, but more likely not, and they will then torture him to death and eventually show off remnants of his corpse to cow other potential traitors into submission. It could happen after a battle during which Unwin tried to slip away.

From what we know, Aegon III reign won't be peaceful. There will be the fake Daerons and there is the unresolved issue of Aemond's son which is likely going to be a kind of epilogue to the Dance, involving the last dragon battle in Westerosi history. Aegon III will be such an unpopular king that even fake and (possible) bastard pretenders might be able to marshal considerable support.

2 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

That's assuming that they can prove Unwin was behind Jaehaera's death. If Gyldayn can only speculate, then I'm pretty sure that he was never convicted of those crimes. If Unwin does end up getting killed by the Crown, it'll most likely be because he supports a Daeron pretender. The charge will be treason, and considering that he's still a powerful marcher lord, he will get the 'dignity' of a beheading.

It is more an indication that Unwin never publicly confessed to this. But as I said, I don't think he will get a proper trial or anything. If he is involved in actual rebellion the best he could hope for is to die in battle or to be executed on the spot immediately after he is captured. But I don't think he is going to get such a good exit.

Archived