Twitter 2: Tweet harder

Derfel Cadarn

3 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

It's kind of nonsense to suggest Twitter serves a real need in the best possible way to serve that need. I'm not even sure social media has been a net benefit to the world in the forms it has been served to us so far. Has anyone tried to quantify the benefit vs harm social media has facilitated and come up with an answer to the question: has it been worth it?

Does Westeros count as social media?

28 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Yes, I believe I am being truthful when I say that I am only on LinkedIn for social media…I call the Board a “book club.” A “book club that meets online” if I’m pushed :D

I like how you are fully prepared to confess to all sorts of shenanigans that you get up to, but the board is your guilty, shameful secret. 

I call it the Game of Thrones forum to most people even though that's semi-sacrilege. Most people have no clue what ASOIAF means, even when said in full, and it's too much of a mouthful to say. LinkedIn is my only social media too, though for me it's more like anti-social media. 

Today in FAFO (Fuck Around (&) Find Out) News:

Enron instructed teams to turn off microservices.

Behold:

We have to start listening to the Elonoi -- this type of brilliance must be followed and studied.

16 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Yes, I believe I am being truthful when I say that I am only on LinkedIn for social media…I call the Board a “book club.” A “book club that meets online” if I’m pushed :D

This is the default answer for me. "How do you know X person?" "Oh, we belong to the same online book club."

3 hours ago, Ravenhair said:

This is the default answer for me. "How do you know X person?" "Oh, we belong to the same online book club."

I fessed up to my wife on what it is about, since she had to host some of you.

Any information about NHAW will be forever  withheld, obviously.

20 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

What an amazing leader.

The only people with such faith are you and catturd2. I'll leave the remaining unsaid. ;)

Twitter will be a wasteland by 2023. Enron doesn't have enough other businesses to prop up the ad budget (SpaceX made a large, for Twitter, ad buy to market Starlink)

Eta- Failed dunking that @Varysblackfyre321 posted is another leadership fail too. Continued firing of good engineers. Such fragility.

58 minutes ago, Week said:

The only people with such faith are you and catturd2 …

Week -- I do respect his will and skill, and find him hilarious. The amount of detraction (especially its petty, hysterical, and vitriolic nature) that Elon faces is inspiring to me and, no doubt, motivating to him.

Twitter continues to serve my needs and those of over a quarter billion others. If it fails, I’ll remain more than satisfied with the good experiences and other things it provided thus far.

By the way, I just looked up catturd2; apparently, he’s verified, hahaha. His handle is catturd2 … I love Twitter.

Archived