Twitter 2: Tweet harder

Derfel Cadarn

1 minute ago, JGP said:

This is what I think might amount to fantasy. Do you think Trump will be able to resist?

JGP -- although he's primarily driven by power, which increases the chance of him posting again; he's secondarily driven by money, which would counter his obligations with Truth Social. In other words, my odds are 51% that he resumes posting as normal (power); 49%, he doesn't post at all (money).

2 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

Yassss! Justice and freedom accomplished. 

YAAAS!

****QUALIFIED*** Shared Congratulations!!!!

* qualified because, as I have ranted previous, the fact that this criminal's provisional access to what has become colloquialy seen as the town square is such a big issue raises serious concerns about the kind of systems we are allowing to moderate our interactions with one another no matter the political ideology of the exploiting interest*****

But as long as Twitter is seen as a place of free speech then his freech should be chee.

FREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDUUUUUUUMM

4 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

JGP -- although he's primarily driven by power, which increases the chance of him posting again; he's secondarily driven by money, which would counter his obligations with Truth Social. In other words, my odds are 51% that he resumes posting as normal (power); 49%, he doesn't post at all (money).

My understanding, and it may be flawed, is Trump content is only restrained by six hours. Hope that's wrong.  

27 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Did anyone ever think the traitor wouldn't be reinstated?  They are joined at the hip and hold hands, though Putin calls the moves.

Zorral -- no, not at all. The poll, and its consequences, were a demonstration of Elon's will, realized as an expression of the population's will. I think it was very clever of him, despite the risk of the God Emperor pushing away ad revenues.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:02 AM, The Anti-Targ said:

It's kind of nonsense to suggest Twitter serves a real need in the best possible way to serve that need. I'm not even sure social media has been a net benefit to the world in the forms it has been served to us so far. Has anyone tried to quantify the benefit vs harm social media has facilitated and come up with an answer to the question: has it been worth it?

Exactly, in fact I'd have significantly more respect if forums like ours would make it impossible to share tweets.

Hitler, Putin, Mussolini, Trump and every other fascist piece of garbage has been using their free speech on the masses for decades. Its just not that impressive. Everything doesnt need to shared, heard and smeared under our noses. Some stuff just needs to bagged as the unsanitory trash that it is.

Quit "sharing" the garbage.

5 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Zorral -- no, not at all. The poll, and its consequences, were a demonstration of Elon's will, realized as an expression of the population's will. I think it was very clever of him, despite the risk of the God Emperor pushing away ad revenues.

That could also be projection. Amongst other things Elon tried to use bot activity as as way to back out of the deal. Could just as easily be some kind of passive aggressive spite, with zero care for the consequences. And why this push, now. Trump declared pretty early, now the Musk project or whatever the fuck this is. The doors of your glorious chaos opening wide and it makes me angry as fuck. It's so irresponsible. Almost hateful.

5 minutes ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

He was banned for impersonation - not specifying the word 'parody' in both his display name and bio

Klein did put parody in his bio.

it wasn’t enough to satiate the chief twit. ^_^
Did you truly not know this and assumed Musk must’ve had a justified reason?

I’m not dissing you if you did just suprised as this was always noted in discussion on the grave situation.

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Klein did put parody in his bio.

it wasn’t enough to satiate the chief twit. ^_^
Did you truly not know this and assumed Musk must’ve had a justified reason?

I’m not dissing you if you did just suprised as this was always noted in discussion on the grave situation.

He did not put parody in his display name though

1 minute ago, JGP said:

That could also be projection. Amongst other things Elon tried to use bot activity as as way to back out of the deal. Could just as easily be some kind of passive aggressive spite, with zero care for the consequences. And why this push, now. Trump declared pretty early, now the Musk project or whatever the fuck this is. The doors of your glorious chaos opening wide and it makes me angry as fuck. It's so irresponsible. Almost hateful.

JGP -- there's still one more door that remains closed, which is the Republican nomination. Until then, conditions will remain calm (to Uncle Joe's credit, and for the sake of my wallet). Thereafter, you'll see civil strife that goes beyond 2020's intensity, but ultimately resulting in 2024 being 1) a decisive political victory for the Democrats, 2) permanent marginalization of the Republican party and, 3) alienation of the far right for at least a decade or two before accepting the inevitable tide of the progressives.

Elon's role is as a facilitator. I believe his intentions toward balance via Twitter are genuine and well-intentioned, and he will take what profit he can from this. In fact, he just concluded a court battle over (at least) a $50 billion USD payoff, and is awaiting judgement. Imagine if he had been allowed to walk away from the Twitter deal; but, the prophecy will not be denied, hahaha.

19 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

It's easy for people who are relatively safe to call for chaos. Anything for their entertainment, though.

Mindwalker -- to be fair, I operated under those conditions despite a reckless degree of physical risk; and -- now through incapacity or death -- will do the same despite financial risk. Periods of volatility (i.e., chaos) must be exploited! Otherwise, mediocrity. And the entertainment value is just a bonus, hahaha.

9 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

JGP -- there's still one more door that remains closed, which is the Republican nomination. Until then, conditions will remain calm (to Uncle Joe's credit, and for the sake of my wallet). Thereafter, you'll see civil strife that goes beyond 2020's intensity, but ultimately resulting in 2024 being 1) a decisive political victory for the Democrats, 2) permanent marginalization of the Republican party and, 3) alienation of the far right for at least a decade or two before accepting the inevitable tide of the progressives.

Elon's role is as a facilitator. I believe his intentions toward balance via Twitter are genuine and well-intentioned, and he will take what profit he can from this. In fact, he just concluded a court battle over (at least) a $50 billion USD payoff, and is awaiting judgement. Imagine if he had been allowed to walk away from the Twitter deal; but, the prophecy will not be denied, hahaha.

Like, is this dry, or is there some sarcasm? Because despite bleak as fuck it feels tragically optimistic? Trump's going to dump on Twitter. He'll probably have wild shits reading the stuff he can't respond to right away, but he will. I know I'm kind of online here right now because of my injury, but I'm not liking any of this. not at all. A window was missed and now Trump's been handed the ball on running out the clock. Is he surrounded entirely by sycophants or not is the thing, for whatever few times in his life he ever heeded fucking decent or even good sense. 

9 minutes ago, JGP said:

Like, is this dry, or is there some sarcasm? Because despite bleak as fuck it feels tragically optimistic? Trump's going to dump on Twitter. He'll probably have wild shits reading the stuff he can't respond to right away, but he will. I know I'm kind of online here right now because of my injury, but I'm not liking any of this. not at all. A window was missed and now Trump's been handed the ball on running out the clock. Is he surrounded entirely by sycophants or not is the thing, for whatever few times in his life he ever heeded fucking decent or even good sense.

JGP -- sounds like you want to radicalize and take direct action. For what it's worth, I walked (as an observer only) in a Black Lives Matter march and was impressed by the leadership of the organizers and the energy of the youth. If I had been with them as a true believer, contributing to their efforts, I'd have been satisfied regardless of impact (if I were twenty- or thirty-something).

Archived