US Politics: The Copper, Silver, and Peach hangover

Ormond

1 hour ago, Fez said:

Lol, doesn't surprise me at all. In no way is Emmer responsible or moderate or anything, he's just a McCarthy loyalist.

Sure. Just from personal experience though I think he's both the asshole customer who makes a scene at a restaurant if his order is wrong and also the waiter who when they bring you the wrong order says you made a mistake. He's that type of guy. 

In fairness to God, he didn't say Republicans would win. God said the election would not be stolen (it wasn't), and corruption would be defeated (it was, mostly), and it would be a victory for the USA (a majority of Americans and possibly even a majority of Christians would mostly agree that it was).

I would just say that the pastor, if he really was hearing God's voice, just misunderstood God's meaning.

Well Trump is anouncing, so  buckle up here we go. I listened a bit it's Trump on a teleprompter but someone seems to have tried to work his riffs into a script. It's rather wrote and low energy. If this is how Trump keeps on I don't think he'll have much of a chance. 

4 minutes ago, Darzin said:

Well Trump is anouncing, so  buckle up here we go. I listened a bit it's Trump on a teleprompter but someone seems to have tried to work his riffs into a script. It's rather wrote and low energy. If this is how Trump keeps on I don't think he'll have much of a chance. 

I'm not sure he has much of a chance in general. Here's to him burning the whole primary process down. :cheers:

14 minutes ago, Darzin said:

Hahahaha -- and so the prophecy is realized! He’s going to lose, and tear the Republican party in two. Moreover, his proximity to success will reflect what we’ll see in the streets.

:bowdown: God has heard my prayers!

Interesting times ahead :leer:

3 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

old dog learnt new tricks

Stephanie Grisham, who served as press secretary in the Trump White House, offered her analysis to the speech Trump was reading off of teleprompters.

Grisham wrote, "Trump is staying on script here….but I can tell it’s a struggle and he’s dying to 'be Trump.'"

"I think even Trump is bored with this speech," Grisham added. "Painful to watch."

This won't and cannot last. The old dog will woof woof woof

Sarah Matthews, who served as deputy White House press secretary in the Trump administration, had a similar take.

"This is one of the most low-energy, uninspiring speeches I’ve ever heard from Trump. Even the crowd seems bored," Matthews wrote. "Not exactly what you want when announcing a presidential run."

John Hendrickson of The Atlantic also said, "Trump seems bored." Molly Jong-Fast of Vanity Fair.

1 hour ago, Darzin said:

Trump just called for killing all drug dealers and praised China and Xi by name. He said Xi told him about quick trials, same day trial same day execution, which he seemed favorable too. 

Trials?  Is Trump some kind of bleeding-hearted liberal?

1 hour ago, Darzin said:

Trump just called for killing all drug dealers and praised China and Xi by name. He said Xi told him about quick trials, same day trial same day execution, which he seemed favorable too. 

This is just straight up Trump's Greatest Hits.

It's the political equivalent of an 80's glam metal band playing the same 6 songs they've been playing for 40 years at the local county fair, the lead singer shrieking off key like he's 26 instead of 62, while the ancient, doddering crowd mindlessly bobs along in between sips of their tepid, watered-down Coors Light.

The primary is going to be an absolute shitshow and is either going to be absolutely glorious or utterly horrific.

Also, the fact that Trump has announced now, means that all of us will be subject to almost 3 years worth of constant campaign bullshit. He seriously couldn't wait a couple of months? Fuck you Trump, just let me rest a little from this dumb, stupid shit.

Archived