US Politics: The Copper, Silver, and Peach hangover

Ormond

Others have also been thinking what did, I confess, occur to me regarding this 'leak.'

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2022/11/dobbs-apparently-wasnt-alitos-first-leak

If Alito really was the leaker, will Has Been retract his threat to throw the leaker into jail and have horrible jailhouse things be done to his person?

Though, technically, he didn't call for the leaker to be prison raped, but rather the journalists who refused to name the leaker. I also thought that he called for horrible things to happen to the leaker, but I looked up the speech where he brings up prison rape, and he's referring specifically to the journalists who wouldn't name their sources.

None of which is to say that the deafening silence from the wingnutterati on Trump's vile remarks is any less appalling.

And here in Maricopa County, it is nice to see that the Kari Lake Campaign were too frightened to have a face to face conversation with Maricopa County Republicans, but they did have the temerity to have the National Party lawyers call Tom Liddy in order to threaten him over the election process.

Leaked call shows clash between Kari Lake campaign and Maricopa County (msn.com)

The Lake people here in Arizona have to know Liddy has a short temper, so they got someone from out of state to try and shake Liddy down.  Then they act all surprised to learn that G. Gordon Liddy's son likes to heartily curse people who try to leverage him.  Subsequently they release a one-sided recording of the call, as if normal Republicans will somehow be offended by the Maricopa County officials doing their jobs.

Honestly, it is like the Republican Party at the national level is run by mental midgets.

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

The natural end point of transphobia.

When Hercules spouts his sh*t, usually Xena shuts him up publicly. Lucy is slacking...

ETA: F****, they really let him back on twitter. I'll check out Mastodon.

Any other suggestions?

Nobody could have ever thought the melon would do anything else.  He'll also get all the followers to cough up money every month to follow.  They are joined and always have been.  Though it's hard not to believe in the end its Putin calling the shots.

I mean, I'm shocked but not surprised. This time around, I'll unfollow every well-meaning idiot who quote-tweets him.

Anyhoo...

Ohio GOP moves forward bill to strip powers from Board of Ed. after losing control to Democrats

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Democratic-affiliated candidates won control over the State Board of Education in Ohio, and one week later, the Republican lawmakers moved a bill forward to strip their powers. (...)

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/politics/ohio-politics/ohio-gop-moves-forward-bill-to-strip-powers-from-board-of-ed-after-losing-control-to-democrats

2 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

I mean, I'm shocked but not surprised. This time around, I'll unfollow every well-meaning idiot who quote-tweets him.

Anyhoo...

Ohio GOP moves forward bill to strip powers from Board of Ed. after losing control to Democrats

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Democratic-affiliated candidates won control over the State Board of Education in Ohio, and one week later, the Republican lawmakers moved a bill forward to strip their powers. (...)

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/politics/ohio-politics/ohio-gop-moves-forward-bill-to-strip-powers-from-board-of-ed-after-losing-control-to-democrats

Clockworks every time. Pathetic.

Then there's this:

Now it's sad laugh time. I sometimes hate that as a Canadian I have to care so much about US politics, but for fucks sake.  

Archived