US Politics: The Copper, Silver, and Peach hangover

Ormond

24 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It is honestly hard to see how Trump beats Biden if it's a rematch, barring a huge economic calamity.  Trump is a loser and what electrical strengths he had are fading.

Two years is still a decently long time. But yeah, barring any major shifts, I feel like there's 260 EVs that would be 'Lean D' or better for Biden against Trump; and he'd need to just win one of GA/WI/AZ to win. It's no guarantee of anything, but he'd be starting out in a pretty strong spot.

I believe it was the 2008 election where the day after the election I posted - on another forum - a faux poll on the 2012 presidential election.  Everybody was so disappointed it was just a joke.  Which is to say - while this is two instead of four years away - speculation about what will happen in 2024 right now might as well be speculation on which alien race will finally reach first contact with us.

Other than age, why is Biden running again bad?  There are a few things I'd like to have seen done a little differently, but despite the challenges presented by members of his own party, hasn't he accomplished a bunch in two years?  

There can still be a lot to happen between now and then, but still...

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

I believe it was the 2008 election where the day after the election I posted - on another forum - a faux poll on the 2012 presidential election.  Everybody was so disappointed it was just a joke.  Which is to say - while this is two instead of four years away - speculation about what will happen in 2024 right now might as well be speculation on which alien race will finally reach first contact with us.

Vulcans.

6 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Other than age, why is Biden running again bad?  There are a few things I'd like to have seen done a little differently, but despite the challenges presented by members of his own party, hasn't he accomplished a bunch in two years?  

There can still be a lot to happen between now and then, but still...

I think mostly, outdated pre-election thinking that his approval rating was too low. But, as this week has shown, there's a large group of voters that disapprove of the job he's doing, but are much more anti-MAGA. If one of the never-gonna-happen Republicans was nominee, like Hogan, it might very well be a disaster night for Democrats. But that's not the world we live in.

12 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Other than age, why is Biden running again bad?

Well, he was always my least favored candidate in the primaries other than Bernie.  He is very deliberate on action and similarly slow to confront certain political realities that are confronting him.  These are all kind of facades for just saying age though - so yeah, call me an ageist, but it's age.  But it's more because he's of an outdated era of politics that is not optimal for the current environment.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

I..wouldn't call a race based on union outreach to ensure cured ballots are counted.  That's at least a couple levels of assumptions.  Let's just see how the standard votes turn out tonight first.

Obviously this would be in combination with the Clark numbers due to drop at 7:30 PM local, even if it less than expected the cured ballots should be sufficient. I am of course talking about my comfort level for the state of the race.

Just now, IheartIheartTesla said:

Obviously this would be in combination with the Clark numbers due to drop at 7:30 PM local, even if it less than expected the cured ballots should be sufficient. I am of course talking about my comfort level for the state of the race.

Ah.  No that wasn't obvious to me, but fair enough.

At this point, given how close many of the House races are running, I figure there will be enough mandatory recounts to where we might not know who 'won' the House until this time next weel. I really am starting to wonder if it might not come down to a recount in a certain infamous Colorado district and a runoff election in my state.

For that matter, to me, that Nevada senate race is almost certainly headed for recount territory as well.

Concerning the younger vote, after 2022 I have high hopes that they shall continue to show up from now on since they learned how to vote in 2020. (Thank you P. Trump)

Honesty, voting for the first can be a hassle if you don’t have anyone to show you how it is done.

Archived