Do you think they’ll cut Roderick Dustin

I don't think Roderick will be cut. I do think it's not utterly impossible that Cregan will come down south with Roddy the Ruin and the winter wolves, though. It's a bit awkward, but as we've seen, they're willing to do awkward. The benefit is they can trust that the actor they get for him in S2 will be present through the show, and they can have him be involved in substantial events that are otherwise given to less significant characters.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:50 PM, Annara Snow said:

They don't seem to want to cut characters, so I don't think so.

If they hadn't cut Ryam Redwyne, they won't cut anyone.

They had to keep Ryam Redwyne as a plot device for Criston to join the Kingsguard. They cut Maester Runciter...and Mushroom

49 minutes ago, Potsk said:

They had to keep Ryam Redwyne as a plot device for Criston to join the Kingsguard. They cut Maester Runciter...and Mushroom

They didn't need to show or mention Redwyne. D&D would have probably completely ignored him.

Runciter is extremely minor and unimportant and dies early on, and Mushroom plays no role in the story (except in his made-up wild stories), he is just one of the 'sources', which is irrelevant to the show. Plus they did show a little person jester at court during the wedding, so technically he is in the show.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:41 PM, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I feel like Cregan and the Winter Wolves make Cregan’s eventual March south even more intimidating and awesome.

Agree

That said, you can make Roderick Dustin into Roderick Stark and have him tag along. Because like @The hairy bear stated, Roderick's death is a nice character and plot beat...almost too nice to forgo

The sigil of House Dustin was spotted in the House of the Dragon intro, among the other houses important during Dance of the Dragons. This may be an indication that Roderick Dustin is not going to be scrapped in the series:

https://ibb.co/9cGPxwY

(I do believe there is a mistake in the above image, though. That last sigil is that of House Tully, not House Arryn)

Archived