NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

Vikings were unreal against the Bills yesterday and I gotta admit, Kirk was throwing some absolute dimes.  Of course it does help to have what looks to be the best receiver in the game to throw to.  :dunno: 

And then there's this stat:

All he does is win!  Feels great baby!

So yesterday I felt like the Colts actually had a offensive identity for the first time in half a decade. Longer, if you like me struggle to identify what the fuck Chuck Pagano was thinking with his OC hires. 

Anyway, they ran the ball often and from under center. And didn't abandon their best offensive playmaker's entire theater of attack at the first sign of a 2nd and 8. That is better. 

Go Colts. You can beat anybody with a persistent rushing game and good defense.

I do not say that they will beat the Iggles. But they can. And I would not have allowed as much under previous regime. Go Colts.

Lost in my Vikings joy, which let's be honest, probably was our Superb Owl, was one QB's failings, and no, it's not the aforementioned Handsome Devil. Stock in Russell Wilson looks worse than crypto. 50% passing, a TD and an Int, six sacks for -38 yards against seven runs for 8. With 3 fumbles to boot. 

Please point to me on the chart where exactly in the process of the plane crashing are we. This contract is so insanely bad I don't even know what to do with it.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

The distance modern kickers have is just nuts. I used to say just making anything under 40 and you're doing a good enough job.

Since the evolution to soccer style kicking and $$ getting paid to them it has been getting better and better, crazy good in some cases. These guys can get multi million dollar deals and only kick 4-5 times a game, kick off, extra point and FG's. Pretty nice gig considering no one can touch you either.

20 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Since the evolution to soccer style kicking and $$ getting paid to them it has been getting better and better, crazy good in some cases. These guys can get multi million dollar deals and only kick 4-5 times a game, kick off, extra point and FG's. Pretty nice gig considering no one can touch you either.

Senior year of HS our coach lined up everyone on the team and made us try to kick short FGs. We all basically failed, expect one guy, our starting center, could make extra points. He went to the soccer team and found a back up willing to do it. 

Shits really hard. 

I just took a gander at Over the Cap and fuckboi Ballard gave Leonard multiple millions guaranteed through 2025!!!

:o

The Colts are going to be dragging around this crippled cheerleader for the next three fucking years. I cannot take another pregame expose about a guy who ain't even a football player no more. Every good team in the league would have looked at Leonard and been happy with a 3rd round compensatory pick when he left to fail in NY. The Colts paid him like a fucking QB.

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

I just want to go on record, I do not want Dallas to sign OBJ if it includes multiple years or guarantees. Two big knee injuries. Rent for this season, sure why not.

Hes coming back to NY, havent you heard? Nah it seems like Dallas is the obvious choice but his explosive speed is not half of what it was.

6 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

There’s always that one weekend that I forget to do my picks. Gotta break the streak this year.

Well there is always the one drop, and this year it shouldn't matter. We are for the most part still putting up strong records (you're 90-46 and most of us have at least 80 wins), but assigning the points has been a complete shit show. 

Everyone has access to the weekly performance reviews. Week six is straight up comedy. 

Archived