NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

Can't link the play yet, but if there's ever been a Rorschach test for a catch, it happened tonight. I personally thought it should have been a catch, but ruled down just outside the endzone and 4th and short. Ruled a TD on the play and incomplete on review. 

ETA:

5 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

So Justin Tucker is human after all. 

Man, that was a Hell of a game! I'm happy for Trevor Lawrence for now having competent coaching, though that squib kick at the end was not smart. I really thought Tucker had hit it.

So, somewhat of a pyrrhic victory for the Niners.  Mitchell is injured again.  CMC and Deebo are at least banged up.  As is Garoppolo, who looks as good as he ever has the last few weeks, at least in a Niner lineup. 

Good news is the Niners have given up 40 points during this four game win streak after shutting out the Saints.  And - hopefully - Armstead should be back next week.  The defensive injury report is clean, and adding him will make them positively scary.  With Hufanga's emergence and the Wards, they are elite at all three levels as long as they stay healthy.

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I'd love to know how many people signed off on this (and dissented) and how high up it went.

So wait… it’s just a disembodied uniform?  And I didn’t see it from the side, does it have the old Redskins logo?  If so, it’s almost more a tribute to the old designs than to Taylor!

On 11/27/2022 at 7:12 PM, Tywin et al. said:

It's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I'd love to know how many people signed off on this (and dissented) and how high up it went.

The quick drop-off in crowd enthusiasm was quite something.

Jesus, the Snyders can't do anything without fucking up.

23 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

The quick drop-off in crowd enthusiasm was quite something.

Jesus, the Snyders can't do anything without fucking up.

But the rich are great at everything, so we have to give them more money!

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I have no idea how serious it'll end up being, but that Trevor Lawrence leg injury looked real bad.

Edit: Apparently not that serious.  He’s back in for the second half.  That looked nasty though.

Humans are amazing creatures. 

I mean yo momma looked nasty but somehow your daddy got back in there for the second half. Miracles happen 

:P

Archived