NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

4 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

I think he's about 33 or 34 next year, but a rested 33 or 34

If we can bring back the Captain Andrew Luck Twitter account, I’m in.

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Well @&$#

Hate to say it but I remember asking back in like week5 what SF was going to do when Jimmy G got his annual injury...   Mr. Irrelevant to the rescue!   Hey you guys are loose with draft picks, want Cooper Rush??? just a 1st rd pick, cmon!  Or is this where A-ron Rodgers or Jordan Love gets traded too?

The Brock Purdy era begins!

Honestly, quite an impressive victory considering.  Was saying at halftime it'd be hilarious if Purdy makes a run and then there's a controversy between Purdy and Lance in the offseason.  Stranger things have happened.  The team is so damn good outside of QB.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

The Brock Purdy era begins!

Honestly, quite an impressive victory considering.  Was saying at halftime it'd be hilarious if Purdy makes a run and then there's a controversy between Purdy and Lance in the offseason.  Stranger things have happened.  The team is so damn good outside of QB.

I know there is a library list full of back up QBs who have come in and looked good for a game or two; but I do have to admit that I did think Purdy looked better than what I’ve seen Lance do. :dunno: 

Sad that this will likely be Jimmys last game.

Just now, Rhom said:

I know there is a library list full of back up QBs who have come in and looked good for a game or two; but I do have to admit that I did think Purdy looked better than what I’ve seen Lance do. :dunno: 

I dunno.  I think he made some strong throws, yes.  And it seemed as if he's already been to the Garoppolo school of making tough/dangerous throws over the middle - for better and worse.  I think we'll have a better idea after he's had a full week of practice AND the opposing team is scouting against him.

Still, though, it's easy to see with Deebo and CMC how the Niners can still make a deep playoff run with Purdy just throwing screens and dump offs.  Not to mention because the NFC does not look intimidating at all outside Philly.  Of course, Deebo and CMC have to remain healthy too....

21 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Oh I definitely don't know about that.  Jimmy G as a Niner is already a veritable Lazarus.  From Shanahan saying during the post-game that "he broke multiple things," sounds like he might not be ready to play until midseason next year.  I could totally see the Niners signing him to another incentive-laden deal, stashing him on IR, and seeing who out of him, Lance, and Purdy are the last man standing next year.  :lol:

Anyway, be prepared for tons of Brady and Rodgers rumors.  I'd say in the offseason, but I'm sure with football talk it'll begin in, oh, about 12 hours.

24 minutes ago, Rhom said:

If Lance isn't the starter someone has to get fired so he will be the starter.

Jimmy will probably get a good deal somewhere else and frankly he earned it. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jimmy will probably get a good deal somewhere else and frankly he earned it. 

We'll see.  I mean, there were reports just this morning talking about how much money he was going to make in the offseason.  Depending on how serious this is though...

The only thing for certain is he lost millions of dollars this afternoon.

Archived