NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So now they're saying Jimmy G might be able to return in January. What kind of drugs do they give these guys? I suffered a very similar injury exactly five weeks ago, I'm out of my boot for the first time and can barely walk with an ankle brace on. He's in theory suppose to play an NFL game two weeks from where I'm at? How? HOW??? And I'm not someone who has had the same kind of lower leg injuries he's had in the past. 

I just saw the same story.  That's insane to me.  I want to see the xrays!

23 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I just saw the same story.  That's insane to me.  I want to see the xrays!

10-15 minutes of doing really simple stretching caused my whole calf to be on fire just a bit ago. The only way you could even jog like this is by being on horse tranquilizers. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So now they're saying Jimmy G might be able to return in January. What kind of drugs do they give these guys? I suffered a very similar injury exactly five weeks ago, I'm out of my boot for the first time and can barely walk with an ankle brace on. He's in theory suppose to play an NFL game two weeks from where I'm at? How? HOW??? And I'm not someone who has had the same kind of lower leg injuries he's had in the past. 

1.  You're not a professional athlete like Jimmy G.

2.  You're not as good looking as Jimmy G.

3.  You have no idea if you suffered the same injury as Jimmy G.

I'm very...VERY skeptical he'll be able to come back this, but regardless, these are three things you need to understand.

26 minutes ago, DMC said:

1.  You're not a professional athlete like Jimmy G.

2.  You're not as good looking as Jimmy G.

3.  You have no idea if you suffered the same injury as Jimmy G.

I'm very...VERY skeptical he'll be able to come back this, but regardless, these are three things you need to understand.

Not sure the gratuitous shots were necessary, but no, I'm not a pro athlete or getting the same level of care. :P That said the way they're describing his injury is very close to my to my own and it's an 8-12 recovery to just walk normally, ideally pain free. I'm probably not going to be able to jog lightly until March. I have no idea how he'll play in January even if they shoot him up with god knows what. Time and patience is really the most important cure. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not sure the gratuitous shots were necessary, but no, I'm not a pro athlete or getting the same level of care. :P 

I was mostly giving you shit but I think the third point is important. 

There's so much information asymmetry between us and Garoppolo/his doctors that there's really no point speculating.  Hell, that frankly goes for the reporters and internet doctors as well.  Not all the time - once given specifics the public sphere can obviously do comparisons, know a lot, etc.  But I've been following this pretty closely, and as far as I can tell other than it isn't Lisfranc and he doesn't need surgery, there aren't really any specifics.

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

I was mostly giving you shit but I think the third point is important. 

There's so much information asymmetry between us and Garoppolo/his doctors that there's really no point speculating.  Hell, that frankly goes for the reporters and internet doctors as well.  Not all the time - once given specifics the public sphere can obviously do comparisons, know a lot, etc.  But I've been following this pretty closely, and as far as I can tell other than it isn't Lisfranc and he doesn't need surgery, there aren't really any specifics.

Obviously teams are not completely honest when it comes to injuries, but the way I've read the reporting sounds basically what the docs I've seen have told me, except I injured my Lisfranc without suffering serious damage (fingers crossed). The reports also say the Niners are optimistic that if everything goes right he could be back in 7-8 weeks which is again the timeline I mentioned. I just have a hard time seeing that happen because there's really no way to exercise and he's going to likely experience some muscle imbalance/deterioration. 

If I'm his agent I'd tell him there's no chance he's playing. The likelihood of reinjury and making it worse is real, he doesn't have a long term contract and is probably going to get one elsewhere if nothing else goes wrong. Just seems like a bad idea to return in general.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If I'm his agent I'd tell him there's no chance he's playing. The likelihood of reinjury and making it worse is real, he doesn't have a long term contract and is probably going to get one elsewhere if nothing else goes wrong. Just seems like a bad idea to return in general.

Sure.  And certainly no blame at all if that's his choice.  My point beyond just fucking around tonight is that we don't really know anything, so let's just wait and see.  I'm very skeptical just based on the huge turnaround in tone, but who knows.

So if he leaves in FA and never gets traded again, is she stuck doing this forever?

Anyways, hater stat of the day. Carson Wentz has played in six games and has 10 TDs. The Green Lizard, Tyler Heinicke, has played in seven games and has 9 TDs. Mr. Unlimited has played in eleven games and has 8 TDs.

Worst contract in the NFL by far.

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So if he leaves in FA and never gets traded again, is she stuck doing this forever?

Anyways, hater stat of the day. Carson Wentz has played in six games and has 10 TDs. The Green Lizard, Tyler Heinicke, has played in seven games and has 9 TDs. Mr. Unlimited has played in eleven games and has 8 TDs.

Worst contract in the NFL by far.

This could set back the NFL trade market going forward. It was at first seen as something that was going to make Denver a SB contender and after 11 games they look worse than when Drew Lock was the QB.  They have to fire the coach and hire another QB friendly one just to see if they can salvage Wilson.

Locally Detroit fans want to run Goff out of town and draft any rookie to replace him. You never know how that new QB is going to mesh with the coaches, players and most importantly the WR's. Now, I wouldn't give Goff a big contract but you never know what you have til it's gone. They have a top 5 offense with him, change that out and who knows what will happen.

14 hours ago, dbunting said:

This could set back the NFL trade market going forward. It was at first seen as something that was going to make Denver a SB contender and after 11 games they look worse than when Drew Lock was the QB.  They have to fire the coach and hire another QB friendly one just to see if they can salvage Wilson.

Maybe, we'll see. I've constantly been on the other side of this issue. Trade your QB away for a lot of picks if you can after their rookie deal is up unless you have a legit top five guy, and even then, consider trading him for the right price. You cannot pay a Kyler Murray, for example, the top end price when he's never going to be that productive.

In other breaking news from the sports world, I'm shocked! Shocked to find that gambling is going on in here:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35205965/snyder-permitted-participated-washington-commanders-toxic-culture-nfl-aided-cover-up

Nothing surprising here, but Snyder is probably guilty of, idk, everything...

56 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

Go get em Bake

Being that this is Jace, I’m not sure if she is cheering for Mayfield or if she just mistyped “Go get baked.” :dunno:

35 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Being that this is Jace, I’m not sure if she is cheering for Mayfield or if she just mistyped “Go get baked.” /cdn-cgi/mirage/3147f740a2a3662aaaf85ff234cb03121a827026dfcb102b5b0e28261491ae61/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_dunno.gif

Yes

Archived