NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

I had the Rams at +6.5 so that was fine.  Nearly snuck Baker into my big league superflex. Rolling w Purdy instead.  Geno, Lamar, Fields.  So need to improvise.

Did put Van Jeff in my 3rd rec spot so that was salvation.

Liking the story lime for Sunday night.  The bust versus the steal.

Two minutes to go in the first half for Bills v Jets and Josh Allen has only 31 yards passing.  :stunned:

Mike White got laid out a bit ago.  Missed two plays and came trotting back out there.  I really think the Jets may want to stay with him over Wilson.

Shanahan seems pretty sure Deebo has a high ankle sprain.  Usual recovery time for that is 4-6 weeks.  The playoffs start in 5 weeks.  Hard not to feel relieved considering how it initially looked.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

You know me.  I’ve always been a huge Cyclones fan.  Big Brock Purdy guy.

Don't want to overreact to this game, but his scrambling gives the Niners offense another dimension.  Lance, obviously, would have too, but Purdy clearly has a much better idea what he's doing just due to his (college) experience.

On the negative side, his gunslinger..ness is still quite worrisome.  The interception that got called back was really bad, and while the Bucs have a good D (and great front seven), should be kept in mind 3/5s of their starting secondary was out this game. 

Still, after just two games I feel confident saying Purdy is significantly better than the other backup QBs Shanahan has had to deal with when Garoppolo goes down - your Mullens and Beathards.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

The Beathards.

Purdy was a four year starter at Iowa State.  I don’t remember off the top of my head when ShanaLynch drafted Beatherd from Iowa.  I’m guessing it was before Purdy got there though and they never played each other.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The QB that will probably lose in the NFC championship game. 

I guess I actually have to root for the 49ers this year considering the other 2 options are most likely Eagles and Cowboys. This is worst case scenario all around for me.

Archived