NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

8 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I hate the NFL so much. Because of the NFL being fucktards to the Bengals and treating them differently than every other team, they're still playing starters in a game that is mostly meaingless and as such, they just lost their starting RG. Once again, they have no players left on the right side of the OL going into the playoffs. Big big problem.

Be a brave cat! 

Texans are really bad at this tanking thing.  So the Bears are in a great spot to dangle Bryce Young out there and get a ton of good picks.

Looks like Niners are the two seed.  Which is great… except it really makes you frustrated about the loss to the Bears… the Broncos… the Falcons…. Take care of business in any one of those and you are resting next week.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

@DMC, @Rhom

What do you do with Lance now going forward? 

Considering the recent injury history of Niner quarterbacks, I'm absolutely fine keeping both Purdy and Lance on the roster.  Especially while they're still on rookie contracts.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Considering the recent injury history of Niner quarterbacks, I'm absolutely fine keeping both Purdy and Lance on the roster.  Especially while they're still on rookie contracts.

Do you make him your starter next year? Because if not, that's one of the worst trades of all time. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Do you make him your starter next year? Because if not, that's one of the worst trades of all time. 

Unless Purdy wins the Super Bowl, I think you say it’s an open competition in camp (secretly weighted to Purdy).  

And yes, that makes for a terrible trade… but Purdy is on team record lists with Montana and Young and setting league records for rookie QBs. If that’s what he really is, then you go with it and pretend the trade was for him. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think Purdy has definitely earned the right to compete for the starting job in camp.  After that it's up to Shanahan.  Granted if Purdy leads to to a Super Bowl win, or even just to the Super Bowl, it will be hard not to start him.  But that's a good problem to have. 

I really don't care how it looks in terms of the trade.  Hell, all they gave up was draft capital and drafting Purdy in the 7th round significantly makes up for that.  I doubt Shanahan or Lynch care either.  All things considered, they had a pretty great draft this year without a first rounder (especially if you count Mason, who was undrafted but still a rookie).

I mean, let's face it, if Garoppolo had led the Niners to the Super Bowl again - and especially if he led them to a win - there'd be immense pressure on the Niners to resign him rather than (just) roll with Lance too.  This way they still have that security, but without having to pay Garoppolo what will probably be at least a $20 million cap hit next year.  Win-win in my book.

56 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Texans are really bad at this tanking thing.  So the Bears are in a great spot to dangle Bryce Young out there and get a ton of good picks.

Looks like Niners are the two seed.  Which is great… except it really makes you frustrated about the loss to the Bears… the Broncos… the Falcons…. Take care of business in any one of those and you are resting next week.

Dawg, that Colts-Texans game was beautiful. 

If you'd like to know what Tanking looks like, it's marginally talented (even for) replacement QBs just throwing deep on 2nd and 3rd down regardless of coverage to get picked off. 

Yo, the Texans are so good at it they won! 

17 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Unless Purdy wins the Super Bowl, I think you say it’s an open competition in camp (secretly weighted to Purdy).  

16 minutes ago, DMC said:

I think Purdy has definitely earned the right to compete for the starting job in camp.  After that it's up to Shanahan.  Granted if Purdy leads to to a Super Bowl win, or even just to the Super Bowl, it will be hard not to start him.  But that's a good problem to have. 

Even if they lose their first playoff game, which is still TBD because the Seahawks are now in OT, don't you have to start him given this run? Lance has shown you nothing so far.

And yes, that makes for a terrible trade… but Purdy is on team record lists with Montana and Young and setting league records for rookie QBs. If that’s what he really is, then you go with it and pretend the trade was for him. :lol: 

I really don't care how it looks in terms of the trade.  Hell, all they gave up was draft capital and drafting Purdy in the 7th round significantly makes up for that.  I doubt Shanahan or Lynch care either.  All things considered, they had a pretty great draft this year without a first rounder (especially if you count Mason, who was undrafted but still a rookie).

Not sure you can be that dismissive. Three firsts for a QB that might never do anything for you? That's pretty tough, especially when, *lowers voice*, I tried to tell you almost any QB would be good on your team. Like even Zach Wilson or Sam Darnold. That's how QB friendly the system is. Also why I wouldn't trade for Jimmy, no matter how beautiful his smile is. 

Archived